(Taken by Courtney, prettied by Malcolm)
Minutes of 2019 NZLARPS National AGM
Meeting opened 7pm.
Attending: Mel Duncan, Courtney Parnell, Dylan Tiller, Callum Upton, Toby Stewart, Brooklynne Michelle, Lee Patrick, Liz and Bradley Blucher; Malcolm, Sally, Donna, Russ Kale, Morgan, Sarah D, Mani, Anneke, KJ, Alastair, Derek, Rowena, Stephen, Jen Hay via Zoom.
Quorum is 30% of 128 members, or 39 people. 67 e-votes received, so we are quorate.
Approval of last year’s minutes
- Motion to approve minutes, seconded. 2 abstentions. Motion passed!
Approval of Accounts
- Reports are as accurate as can be as treasurer position was filled last minute. Net profit was about $8,000.
- Motion to approve accounts. Motion passes unanimously.
Reports from committee
- Secretary and IT reports are on Diatribe here.
- President gave an oral report: “We did things and it was great!” She had a great time looking after things and is going to look forward seeing how the new committee does when she runs away and does a sci-fi convention.
- Secretary report on Diatribe. 128 members in total, up from 114 from last AGM. Slight decrease in Auckland and slight increase in Wellington.
- IT report on Diatribe. Not much to report overall. Minor maintenance and upgrades but big projects to happen over time.
- Marketing report: President gave radio interview.
- Treasurer: Nothing to add on top of accounts
- All of the reports were unanimously accepted.
Election of returning officer
- Russ nominated self. No abstentions or declines. Passed.
Election of the new national committee.
- 67 Responses overall
- Results were recovered from SurveyHero and the following people were declared elected:
- President: Lee Patrick
- Secretary: Sally Hayes
- Treasurer: Brooklynne Michelle
- Marketing: Courtney Parnell
- IT Officer: Naomi Guyer
- The SurveyHero results can be viewed here.
- The Horrors of GST: NZLARPs have to comply with GST by October 19th. Project members are told to ensure GST is included in all of their budgets and purchases.
Meeting concluded 7.30pm.