Wellington AGM nominations (Postponed to 16th October 2020)

Important Update
Following the postponement of the National AGM the Wellington AGM will also be postponed. This means the nomination period for the Wellington Committee will be extended.

Further details below.

NZLARPS Wellington is holding their AGM on 9th October, 2020 Friday 16th October, 2020, to coincide with the National AGM. This will be held at 16 Hill Grove, Naenae, Wellington. If you intend to attend in person please let @lesbiancobra know so she can manage numbers around whatever alert level we’re in by then.

The plan is to participate in the National AGM via google meets from 6.30pm, and the Wellington AGM will start once the National AGM is completed, at around 7:00pm.

Aside from administrative reports, a major function of the AGM will be to elect the new committee for the Wellington region. Nominations for the positions will be accepted in this thread, on the Facebook thread in the NZLARPS group, or by emailing: wellington.secretary@nzlarps.org.

Nominations must be put forward and seconded by current NZLARPS members. Please note that the nominee does not need to currently be a member, but must be by the time of the AGM.

The deadline for nominations is 18:30, October 2nd, 2020 18:30 Friday October 9th, 2020. Information on electronic voting will be sent when nominations close. Nominees must also accept their nominations by this time.

Due to electronic voting, we will not accept nominations from the floor.

Any other motions are welcomed to be posted here or via any other means listed above.

The positions up for election are:

Regional Director
Responsible for overall running of committee and society for the region. Promote the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee. Attend meetings as regional representative of the society. Co-ordinate with other regional directors and Society President to ensure cooperation across the country in advancing the aims and visions of the society.

Regional Secretary
Keep all club correspondence in an organized fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

Regional Treasurer
Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.

Regional Equipment Officer
Responsible for society-owned equipment. Organize for equipment to be stored, cleaned, repaired, and made available for project events. Keep records of where equipment is kept. Advise committee and project owners on what equipment is likely to be useful to current and future projects. Facilitate equipment workshops with project owners. Suggest equipment purchases. Report on state of equipment to committee.

Regional Marketing Officer
Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining nzLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns. Update the NZLARPS Auckland facebook page and any other social media.

Regional General Officer (2)
Can take up responsibilities as required.

Each position must be held by a separate individual.

1 Like

The current nominees will be posted here and updated as necessary:

• Regional Director: Courtney Parnell (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional Secretary: Elizabeth Blucher (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional Treasurer: Brooklynne Michelle (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional Equipment Officer: Toby Stewart (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional Marketing Officer: Malcom Harbrow (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional General Officer 1: Lee Patrick (nominated, seconded, accepted)
  • Regional General Officer 2: Callum Upton (nominated, seconded, accepted)

Edited 09 Oct 11:22 pm

Just to get this thing rolling:

I nominate Courtney Parnell for regional director
I nominate Elizabeth Blucher for regional secretary
I nominate Brooklynne Michelle for regional treasurer
I nominate Toby Stewart for regional equipment officer
I nominate Lee Patrick for general officer
I nominate Callum Upton for general officer

1 Like

I second al the above

I accept my nomination as regional secretary - but am open to others nominating themselves if they want a cruisey intro to being a Larp committee member!

2 Likes

I accept my nomination for Regional Director

3 Likes

I unfortunately have to decline my nomination

Giving it some further thought and discussion I have decided to indeed accept my nomination, sorry again for the confusion!

4 Likes

Need to renew membership, but I accept the nomination for Equipment Officer.

3 Likes

I accept the nomination for general committee.

2 Likes

I nominate Malcolm for marketing officer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I accept nomination for marketing officer.

1 Like

I second Malcom for Marketing Officer :smile:

1 Like

I accept nomination for officer general

3 Likes