Show me the larp!

I’ve put together this montage for St Wolfgang’s:

Look okay Anna?

I’ll ask Derek and Lucy if they’re okay with it going up.

Beautiful. Thanks Ryan.

I like that it’s got the first live combat photo in all the montages, before this I couldn’t find any that worked.

Hey, Ryan, if you’re still looking for pics to put for AMERICA larps, I’ve got a whole album full of pictures from the 1930s larp they ran back in October 2005.

If we’re asking permission, I think I even know who about 75% of the people in the pictures are…

Thanks, will put together an image when I get a chance.

Anna, are you and Tigger okay for this photo to be used for Serenity in the guide? I don’t think anyone else is particularly recognisable so I won’t ask them.

Forgot about the AMERICA photos, will have another look at them sometime.

Sure go ahead (permission from both me and Tigger)

Righto, it’s up at nzlarps.org/guide.php

The guide to kiwi larp is due for an overhaul, many of the larps don’t seem to be operating any more and there are new ones.

Anyone have information about which larps on that list are definitely defunct? I’m looking at 2014, Pirates, Stargate, Quest Waikato, and Scott Farndon and wondering if they should remain listed given that they no longer seem to be running events. Should I remove those? Any others? I don’t want it to be one of those out-of-date lists that’s no use to anyone.

To be added is Chimera, Knightshade, and Multiverse. Anything else?

2014 is pretty much defunct. Brian lost interest in larp and wandered off to be a musician. He hasn’t even been on Diatribe since April. Ravenholme is now under the auspices of Peter, who has been intending to run a game all year.

Pirates has been replaced by Pan. And Lucy’s moved to England. Not sure if she’s coming back.

Quest Waikato is in semi-retirement. It’s probably best kept on the list to avoid ruffling Alista’s feathers.

Stargate hasn’t run a game for about a year. Julianne has moved to England and Ange is in the navy. The only still active GM is AJ, it might be worth PMing him to see what his intentions are.

In terms of adding, I think the Requiem description could changed at the moment it isn’t very reflective of the campaign. Can I write you a new blurb for it? And it should probably point to the Interesting Times forum. Should I grab a few photos at the next game

Thanks.

Shame about Brian, creative thinker and with logistical support could have had more success. 2014 seemed like an excellent new concept for a neo-modern larp (i.e. with the advantages of Vampire and a fresh genre).

I’ll just comment out the HTML for the unsure ones like Pan, so I can bring them back easily if they’re relaunched.

Photos and blurb for Requiem would be much appreciated. Preferably a generic blurb that isn’t specific to the changable state of play in the campaign.

Stargate - Please comment it. We’re (The remaining GM’s) are trying to decide weather to kill it, overhaul it, or re-run it as is.