Show me the larp!

Appropriately, I forgot to add a shadow to the vampish shot.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]I’ve added photos for all the larps I could find them for.

[/quote]

Colour, pictures and such per game, Very Nice.

What else are planning before going live?

Do you want 3 pictures per game? or a number and they change like on the home page?

Three photos per group is fine.

I’m going to put together photos for a couple more of the groups, do a little work on the text (especially the big space in the right column), then it’ll be ready.

Done and announced. Let me know here with any ideas for updates.

Not much of a reaction on the forum, but it’s mostly aimed at new larpers and interested passers-through anyhow.

Craig, can you update the Diatribe Wecome page to link to it - replace the link to the group post under “How do I get into larp?”.

Ok, done.

Cheers bud.

Cheers bud.

We might want to rename it to Guide to kiwi larp and put a bullet point link in for it at the bottom of the section, like the other links.

Aight, also done.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Done and announced. Let me know here with any ideas for updates.

Not much of a reaction on the forum, but it’s mostly aimed at new larpers and interested passers-through anyhow.

Craig, can you update the Diatribe Wecome page to link to it - replace the link to the group post under “How do I get into larp?”.[/quote]

Thanks Ryan.

Can we get the link to the nzlarps site up on the top of diatribe please.

A new person is not guaranted to find the diatribe welcome post, but once on at the nzlarps home page they can easily find the all the info they need, such as the new guide.

[quote=“adam”]
Can we get the link to the nzlarps site up on the top of diatribe please. [/quote]

I’m absolutely sure we discussed fairly in depth at the last meeting and it was decided that the webdesign ramifications of trying to squeeze this in at the top would be bad and that it wasn’t a priority.

We spent half an hour discussing this. In fact, we even came to decision!

You’d be right Anna.

It sounds like we decided to create a banner for what is now the Kiwi larp guide. And it can also have the NZLARPS branding. I forgot about that, but it makes sense.

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere we could add a link to the NZLARPS site to the Diatribe menu bar. To the left of FAQ, say. As an option.

Ryan, if you’re editing the adserver soon please also take the Stargate banner down…

[quote=“Anna K”]
I’m absolutely sure we discussed fairly in depth at the last meeting and it was decided that the webdesign ramifications of trying to squeeze this in at the top would be bad and that it wasn’t a priority.

[quote=“Minutes for June Committee Meeting”]
Internet – Putting a prominent link to nzlarps.org at the top of Diatribe

[/quote][/quote]

You’d be wrong Anna.

You are a month out of date, at the last meeting we decided that for all the newbies who find diatrbie through google need to be able to find a non fourm site, especially for those people who are not interent users and find forums confusing.

It was decided that if it was a 20 minute job at the last meeting Craig would put it up.

Criaig has already come up with an idea.

[quote=“Exquire”]
Adam, when I get a chance to put that in, the link will not say “home” as that would be the root level of diatribe. Instead it will say “nzLARPS Inc home”[/quote]

So I am just wanting to know when Craig will have time to put this up, as I feel this is important after comments about finding a forum at the end of a search engine. I know that when I first start Mordavia I found the site very confusing and avioded it for about 6 months, and that was only one game.

Oh! My mistake. My apologies for being a month out of date. I’m glad we’re not getting bogged down in details or anything.

I’m afriad I don’t understand how this relates. Mordavia was a proper website with a forum component rather than a forum by itself. Are you saying websites in general are confusing things?

On another note:

Ryan, your Show-Me-The-Larp page is absolutely wonderful, it’s exactly what we needed.

The forum.

Chill, guys. There’s little point arguing over what the committee has decided about Diatribe because Craig owns the project and we can’t tell him what to do with it. He has the veto.

Adam wants to brand Diatribe more strongly as part of NZLARPS to make the link and maybe the “possession” more clear. Personally I’m not convinced that’s a great idea because I think some visitors will value its independance, and because I can’t see a way to do it attractively. We can argue it back and forth and maybe even come to a consensus, but at the end of the day it only makes a difference to the extent that Craig is convinced one way or the other.

I’m happy to go with whatever Craig decides on the matter. :slight_smile:

I was just reading Welcome to Diatribe over and I think the “Click here to see our NZ larp guide” bullet is one paragraph too high.

Also, I think “show me the larp” (in the first link) is the old name that wasn’t used in the end, and doesn’t relate particularly well to the finished guide.