NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary October 2018
The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.
Since July the National Committee has:
- Planned the 2018 AGM.
- Responded to a query about the rules on which region members should be assigned to and how this affects eligibility to stand and vote for regional committees. The general practice has been to follow the approach of the NZ Electoral Act: people live where they say they live, and members who for one reason or another have a choice of regions (e.g. students living away from home or people who commute) can choose which they belong to. The committee supported this approach, and noted that where such a member is standing for election, they would expect them to be actually resident in the region they were standing in for the majority of the time so they could fulfil their duties, and to disclose the situation so that voters could make an informed decision.
- Discussed the possible dissolution of the Greater Waikato region and its re-amalgamation with Auckland. Membership numbers in Greater Waikato have been falling for some time, and they now have only four members - not enough to staff even a minimum committee. The regional committee has begun discussing dissolution and re-amalgamation, but has not yet formally requested it. The national committee are discussing arrangements for this in the expectation of receiving such a request (ongoing).
- Naomi has been busy updating the NZLARPS website to allow members to add events and edit projects. Public announcement here.
- Approved the usual redistribution of funds to regions (motion below).
- Continued to discuss online ticketing options.
- Received an updated GST projection, which shows that we are getting close to the registration threshold.
- Discovered that we had been automatically assigned an NZ Business Number.
- 2018-2 (23 Aug 2018) That we distribute funds to regions (at a rate of $10 per member on 1 October 2018). 4 in favour (Mel, Malcolm, Naomi, Courtney)