NZLARPS will be holding its 2020 AGM on
Friday, October 9, 2020 Friday, October 16th, 2020 . Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the upcoming year. We are therefore calling for nominations for committee.
The closing date for nominations is 18:30 on
Friday, 2 October, 2020 Friday, 9th October, 2020 (7 days before the AGM). The gap is to allow time for online or email voting. It is recommended that interested candidates ensure they are nominated and seconded well before the deadline.
Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members, but they do not themselves need to be members at the time of nomination. If you are unsure of your membership status, you can check it on http://nzlarps.org/ or by emailing email@example.com. I will be contacting non-member nominators / nominees with information on how to join.
Nominations can be made by posting to the thread below, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any emailed nominations will be posted here.
There are five positions available.
- President - The President of the society shall be responsible for overall running of society, promoting the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee, cast deciding vote in case of ties, attend meetings as society representative, liaising with all regional directors to coordinate the workings of the Society across New Zealand, managing matters related to the core function of the society, the first point of contact for those wishing to contact the society.
- Secretary - Maintain the national membership database. Keep all club correspondence in an organised fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.
- Treasurer - Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.
- Marketing Officer - Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining NZLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns.
- Information Technology Officer - Coordinate the creation and maintenance of information technology resources for the society such as the society’s website, online forum, communications technology for meetings, and the enablement of projects via information technology.
Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.
President: Lee Patrick - nominated, seconded, declined | Mel Duncan - nominated, seconded, declined | Jen Hay - nominated, seconded, declined | Rob Shaw - nominated, seconded, accepted
Treasurer: Brooklynne Michelle - nominated, seconded, accepted
Secretary: Sally Hayes - nominated, seconded, accepted
IT: Naomi Guyer - nominated, seconded, accepted
Marketing: Courtney Parnell - nominated, seconded, accepted