Notice of NZLARPS AGM 9 October 2018

NZLARPS will be holding its national AGM at 6pm on Tuesday the 9th of October, at the Ministry of Health, 133 Molesworth St, Thorndon, Wellington.

The venue requires someone to let you in, so it is best to assemble outside from 5.30pm.

The national AGM will be followed immediately by the Wellington regional AGM at around 6:45. Auckland will be holding their regional AGM on the same night, and may be able to participate by Google hangouts.

AGENDA

• Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes
  • Approval of accounts
  • Reports from committee
  • Election of returning officer
  • Election of the new national committee

Electronic ballots for voting will be emailed out on October 2, after committee nominations have closed. We need 30% of the membership to participate in order to make quorum, which at present is 35 people. I urge everybody to attend or to vote online.

FURTHER INFORMATION ON BUSINESS:

Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes
The minutes taken at last year’s AGM are available here:

Approval of Accounts
Accounts for last financial year will be posted by Tuesday in the NZLARPS forum on Diatribe:
http://diatribe.co.nz/c/nzlarps

Reports from committee
These will be given at the meeting. Additional material may be posted in the NZLARPS forum on Diatribe.

Election of returning officer
The meeting will need to elect someone to count the votes, including electronic votes. Nominations will be taken from the floor.

We will be using SurveyHero for online voting this year, so the job will be a lot less onerous.

Election of the new national committee
A nominations thread for the national committee is open here:

Nominations close on October 2, 2018. Self-nominations are permitted, and please nominate or second anyone you would like to see on the committee. We encourage all members to take an interest in the management of the society.

REGIONAL AGMS

As noted above the Auckland and Wellington regional general meetings will be held on the same evening. Information on the Auckland RGM can be found here:

The South Island region will hold its RGM early, on Sunday 7 October. Details are here:

The Greater Waikato region has yet to set a date for its RGM.

The Online plan is I log into the national Presidential google hangouts account and you all join in the chat. The address is nzlarps@gmail.com

When we switch to the regional AGMs, we’ll turn off the presidential account and the regions will do whatever they like to make the AGM happen. The venue was chosen for having accessible wifi as well as being in the city :smiley:

My backup plans involve discord and my phone.

It would be great if a few back-up laptops could come along as well, for doing the voting and so on.

1 Like

I don’t think that is a place to join, its just the contact you can bug to give you the link to the call. :smiley:

But once the call starts, there will be a url. I think you can also arrange a link in advance via google calendar.

Edit: I’ve just tested this, and it does create a link to a hangout if you want to share it in advance @u_ne_korn?

1 Like

Please find enclosed the draft financial reports for the 2017-18 FY

1 Like

E-ballots have now been sent to all members. We’re using SurveyHero, since it meets our needs for a robust secret ballot. You can only vote once, and we can’t tell which way you have voted.

Please vote by 6pm on Tuesday, 9 October.

Google hangout link (requires google sign-in):