Auckland NZLARPS AGM 2018: Auckland Committee Nominations

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM in mid-October, with a current expected date of October 9. Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the upcoming year. We are therefore calling for nominations for Auckland committee.

If you wish to find details for the NATIONAL AGM they can be found NZLARPS AGM 2018: National Committee Nominations and 2018 AGM: Call for business. Calls for Wellington nominations are here Wellington AGM Call for Nominations

Based on the expected AGM date, the expected closing date for nominations is October 3, 2018. The gap is to allow time for online or email voting.

Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members, they do not themselves need to be members at the time of nomination.
You may self nominate if you are a member. Self nominations are counted as automatic acceptance of the nomination.
If you are unsure of your membership status, you can check it on http://nzlarps.org/ or by emailing secretary@nzlarps.org.

Nominations can be made by posting to the thread below, or by email to nzlarps.auckland.secretary@gmail.com Any emailed nominations will be posted here.

Positions are

Regional Director
Responsible for overall running of committee and society for the region. Promote the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee. Attend meetings as regional representative of the society. Co-ordinate with other regional directors and Society President to ensure cooperation across the country in advancing the aims and visions of the society.

Regional Secretary
Keep all club correspondence in an organized fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

Regional Treasurer
Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.

Regional Equipment Officer
Responsible for society-owned equipment. Organize for equipment to be stored, cleaned, repaired, and made available for project events. Keep records of where equipment is kept. Advise committee and project owners on what equipment is likely to be useful to current and future projects. Facilitate equipment workshops with project owners. Suggest equipment purchases. Report on state of equipment to committee.

Regional Marketing Officer
Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining nzLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns. Update the NZLARPS Auckland facebook page and any other social media.

Regional General Officer x 2
Can take up responsibilities as required.

Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.

If you wish to propose other business for the Auckland AGM you can do so here 2018 Auckland AGM: Call for Business or National AGM here 2018 AGM: Call for business

Current Auckland nominations by role and then alphabetically
Regional Director
Alastair K, Nominated, seconded, accepted

Regional Secretary
Kirsten K ,Nominated, seconded, accepted

Regional Treasurer
Mani, Nominated, seconded, accepted

Regional Equipment Officer
Derek, Nominated, seconded, accepted

Regional Marketing Officer
Sarah, Nominated, seconded, accepted

Regional General Officer x 2
Sally, Nominated, seconded, accepted

1 Like

I nominate
Alastair Kirkby for regional director
Mani for regional treasurer
Sarah for Marketing officer
Derek for Regional Equipment Officer (gear officer)
and myself (Kirsten) for regional secretary

I second all of these except my own (because I don’t think I’m allowed to), and accept my nomination.

I second the final nomination and accept my nomination

(Alastair)

I accept my nomination.

I accept my nomination

Kia ora! My name is Sally and I’d like to put my hat in the ring and nominate myself for general committee. Full disclosure - I’ll be living in Christchurch until some time in December finishing off my teaching degree. I’m moving for sure in December to be with my partner, who has had to relocate to Auckland for work. Of course, this does mean that I won’t be able to attend any meetings in person (though I am happy to attend via phone or Skype) until December. I totally understand if this means I am not a preferred candidate for committee-ship.

To sweeten the deal, I am fairly experienced working on committees. I’m currently the secretary for the South Island branch of NZLARPs, and the president of SAGA Inc. at UC. I have previously been president of SciFi Soc at UC. I am sad to be leaving behind all my committee roles in Te Waipounamu so I’d love the opportunity to get stuck in with the Auckland committee and put my best foot forward in my new city.

4 Likes

And she’s done an amazing job. IMO Sally would be a great addition to the Auckland committee.

3 Likes

Would you like to second her?

He’s not a member of the Auckland region, so he can’t.

1 Like

I second Sally for general officer

3 Likes