Notice of AGM

NZLARPS Auckland will be holdings its AGM in October. We will be holding the 2020 AGM in the Greater Auckland Region & the Waikato Region on 9 October 2020. Due to the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 and the world right now, there will be no physical location and we will be hosting the AGM remotely via Zoom with voting to be conducted via email voting.

Nominations for the Auckland Regional Committee can be made either in the thread below, in the thread on the NZLARPS facebook group or by emailing the Regional Director on auckland@nzlarps.org. Any nominations made via facebook or via email will be posted on the thread below for accurate recording.

Due to our online voting system, there will be no nominations accepted from the floor. The deadline for nominations is currently 2 October 2020. (this may change, but again, we will update once we have a firm date.

Any other motions can also be made via this thread or by email.

As a result of changing circumstance, this year the National Committee resolved to merge the Waikato Regional branch of our organisation into the Auckland Region. So if you were a member of the Waikato Region previously, this is now your AGM - also welcome! Happy to have you all. Please also do not feel like you cannot stand for committee - as Covid has shown, all you need to attend meetings is an internet connection and a microphone. Our committee meetings this year since March have been conducted entirely remotely.

Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members. The candidate does not need to be a current NZLARPS member at time of nomination but they must join by the AGM.

The positions are:

Regional Director
Responsible for overall running of committee and society for the region. Promote the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee. Attend meetings as regional representative of the society. Co-ordinate with other regional directors and Society President to ensure cooperation across the country in advancing the aims and visions of the society.

Regional Secretary
Keep all club correspondence in an organized fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

Regional Treasurer
Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.

Regional Equipment Officer
Responsible for society-owned equipment. Organize for equipment to be stored, cleaned, repaired, and made available for project events. Keep records of where equipment is kept. Advise committee and project owners on what equipment is likely to be useful to current and future projects. Facilitate equipment workshops with project owners. Suggest equipment purchases. Report on state of equipment to committee.

Regional Marketing Officer
Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining nzLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns. Update the NZLARPS Auckland facebook page and any other social media.

Regional General Officer x 2
Can take up responsibilities as required.

Robert Shaw, nominated by Alastair Kirkby, seconded by Kirsten-Jessica Kirkby and accepted

Each position must be held by a separate individual.

Nominations
Regional Director
Alastair Kirkby nominated by Kirsten-Jessica Kirkby, seconded by Stephen Kirkby, accepted

Secretary
Rowena Knill nominated by Alastair Kirkby, seconded by Kirsten-Jessica Kirkby, accepted

Treasurer
Stephen Kirkby - nominated by Alastair Kirkby, seconded by Kirsten-Jessica Kirkby, accepted by Stephen Kirkby via private message to the Auckland Regional Committee Chat Group.

Equipment Officer

Marketing Officer

General Officer

Derek Tomes - nominated by Alastair Kirkby, seconded by Kirsten-Jessica Kirkby, accepted by Derek Tomes via private message to the Auckland Regional Committee Chat Group.

1 Like

I hereby nominate Derek Tomes for Gear Officer.

I hereby nominate Stephen Kirkby for Treasurer

1 Like

I hereby second Derek Tomes for Gear Officer.

I hereby second Stephen Kirkby for Treasurer

I nominate Rowena Knill for Secretary

I second Rowena Knill for Secretary

I nominate Alastair Kirkby for Regional director

I hereby second Alastair Kirkby for Regional Director.

I accept my nomination for Regional Director

I nominate Robert Shaw for General Officer.

I second Robert Shaw for General Officer

I will accept this nomination!