Introduce yourself

[quote=“Jared”]Hi
I first I wandered into the world of Hamiltonia (Quest Waikato…Alista Fow) while attending Waikato University and once my blade had been bloodied for the first time I was hooked.

“I wandered this realm for several years as Lorildor the Elf, Necromancer of all things, before the fall and the darkness. I have returned to Hamiltonia in a new incarnation as the human Lorit Ildor, Necromancer, changed in form but not spirit, to once again walk the paths of the living and of the dead.”

I am hoping to work with Alista Fow in re-establishing the Quest system to Hamilton, where normal life allows anyways.
I have written and run a couple of Quest system modules relatively successfully and hope to add to the very playable Quest system.

My LARP angst is finding good costume, gear & harness, as I have plenty of ideas but no ability with a sewing machine or with crafting armor that doesn’t look well amateur-ish. That and I don’t fit my old gear anymore![/quote]

Once you get it set up and going I may make a little trip down for a weekend game at some point…and I’ll try to drag a few of the J.A.F.A’s along :slight_smile:

Hey Cameron,
There have been several games ran by Alista (Quest) somewhat recently, though 2 of the most recent have failed to go ahead due to lack of numbers. I’ll keep you posted about whats happening as I know it and keep an eye out for Alista’s postings on Diatribe forums as he is the source of such things.
Jared

Guidday all. Thought I’d introduce myself, since I may be lurking here occasionally. Hamiltonians will know me instantly from my login name - yes it really is me - I’m back. :smiling_imp: Telpe though, is mostly retired, but I have told Alista I will come and GM some games - maybe even write some new ones. My pun-based monsters are somewhat notorious, I like to mess with people who try to take alternate realities too seriously.

For non-Hamiltonians, I am Erin. Unless Paul or Allen have come back, I am probably one of the most long-time LRPers in Hamilton after Alista - I have been LRPing for more than ~15 years now (OMG! :open_mouth: I hadn’t really counted it before! ), although admittedly I have been taking a bit of a break lately.

I am in my 30’s, ride a sports bike and work full time(ah I remember the halcyon days of student life - lunch by the lake, lunchtime battles in the car-park, freaking out the humanities students…).

LRPers don’t age - they just gain experience.

Hi Erin,
So you are lurking around still! Good to know more than one of the old crazies are still around (and crazy)

Jared

Thankfully, larpers do age, and play 30-something year old characters much better when they do!

Good to have you here, Erin.

I’m Ulrik. I came across this page because im planning a travel to NZ. Could be fun to experience a fantasy larp when im there. I’ve been larping since ´93 in Denmark. And I find it very amusing to see my webpage being linked here:)
viewtopic.php?t=500&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Awesome, welcome Ulrik! Which is “your” webpage? What are some of the games you’ve played?

[quote=“Telpe”]
I am in my 30’s, ride a sports bike and work[/quote]

Welcome, what do you ride?

a 2001 bandit (600cc) - I would post an image, but can’t figure out how :blush:

Thankfully, larpers do age, and play 30-something year old characters much better when they do!

Good to have you here, Erin.[/quote]

hmm considering i’m both…what does that make me?
:smiling_imp:

Im with the group called Tornene (www.tornene.dk). I play mostly fantasy, but I did attend the socialreality game with all the containers on the pic.

Hi, i’m nicolas (or nico)

I moved to Auckland from France one year ago.
I’ve never LARPed before but obviously planned to do it
I’m not very sure my level of english will enable me to shine though
Maybe i should start by playing og :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m also interested in knowing more about Auckland Sword and Shield
and SCA

Apart from being a potential larper, i’m an ultimate frisbee player,
a bike commuter, a software developer and a few other things

Hey Nico, welcome to NZ and to the larp community here.

Your English looks pretty good to me, look forward to seeing you at a larp.

HI Nico

Welcome!!

If you ever want to come and check out Auckland Sword and Shield, just come along on any sunday to Meola Road Scout Hall at the top of Meola road in Pt Chev.

We start training at 12pm and all you need to join in is yourself and comfortable clothes. A good pair of welding gloves wont hurt either but these can be borrowed.

This Sunday there is a grading so unfortunately there wont be any training. However you are more than welcome to come along and watch.

Cheers

Nikki

Hello everyone
My name is Nicole, and I have been larping since December last year. The only larp I am in at the moment is OWBN, and I have been an active member of the SCA and the university medieval guild for a year now.
I am currently 17, so how I ended up spending time at the university is a highly circuitous tale, but the result is what counts.
Hoping to get involved in some new larps this year, any suggestions welcome.

[quote=“WildeRose”]Hello everyone
My name is Nicole, and I have been larping since December last year. The only larp I am in at the moment is OWBN, and I have been an active member of the SCA and the university medieval guild for a year now.
I am currently 17, so how I ended up spending time at the university is a highly circuitous tale, but the result is what counts.
Hoping to get involved in some new larps this year, any suggestions welcome.[/quote]

Welcome to the Larping community/insanity asylum, (you’ll end up finding out why I said that soon after a few games, unles you can already guess why).

I don’t know why you say that and I’ve been to a lot of games…!

Nice to have you here and it’s a good time to join. There are some really exciting things creeping up on us. We have a nice wide range of larps so keep an eye out for what interests you.

[quote=“WildeRose”]Hello everyone
My name is Nicole, and I have been larping since December last year. The only larp I am in at the moment is OWBN, and I have been an active member of the SCA and the university medieval guild for a year now.[/quote]

Oooh, I think I met you at OWBN. I was a terrified newbie. Were you the other Assistant Harpy?

Haha, yes that was me, though I was only in my first few games there anyway. I seemed to gain that title pretty quickly, something to do with the paperwork scaring people off :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the madhouse. :slight_smile:

The latest Immersion magazine (with all the latest larping stuff) has just some out , ask around and pick one up.