Introduce yourself

I’m a boy >>;

:wink:[/quote]
:unamused: Would have to be the case. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I’m Ange, I’m new to the LARPS scene but I’m lovin it :smiley: Been an auckland sword and shielder for four years and I’m… 21. Really.

I’m a boy >>;

:wink:[/quote]
:unamused: Would have to be the case. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:[/quote]

See, now, Erin, this is what comes of assuming things :wink:. I love Yaoi (and Yuri) and I’m not a fangirl either. Grins at w00t

Oh yeah. Me. I’m Jessie. I’ve been LARPing ever since Rhiannon found Mordavia back when I was in college. That was a few years ago now…
I’m 19, I’m currently trying to survive in AKL central student accomodation without choking anyone. So far, no victims. Doing a BVA, majoring in photography and starving artistry. If anyone wants to randomly offer me a job, I can offer you my eternal soul and/or gratitude in return! :smiley:

Hey I’m gareth 24 (most of you would know me as snider)
being role playing for 8-9 years , since I got got dragged into it at college
started with scott farndon’s group , and been involved with mordavia from the start.

Hi, interesting thread, I learned heaps about poeple ive known for a while now. (especially their ages :stuck_out_tongue:)

Annyway, my name is Nicolette although most people know me as Nikki.
I’m South African born, english is my second language but Ive been living in NZ for 11 years now.

I’m 22 and first learned of LARPing from Auckland Sword and Shielders just over a year ago I think. Mordavia was my first roleplaying experience ever and I loved it. Now Im one of the founding members of NZLARPS and I am really excited about LARPings growth in NZ.

Anyways, ramble over :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m Andrew
All you Mordavians probably know me as Darklighter, or “that damn sherriff”. For those of you that don’t (or just want to know a little more about me) I’m 20 years old, live in the CBD and am studying Archaeology and ancient history at the university of auckland. I’ve been interested in fantasy and sci-fi my whole life and used to dabble in roleplaying and wargaming with my mates back at High school. I only started larping seriously last year at Mordavia, but now I’m hooked so expect to see more of me in the future.

I’m supposed to be studying for latin but…what the hell. Signing up for this sight is the best thing I’ve ever done while procrastinating!
I was introduced to my first LARP (Mordavia-Reckonings) by the lovely Andrew whose introduction you will see above me. If any of you were there- I was the random fairy with huge wings in white and blue who remained silent because she didnt know what she was doing. Reason why I was so crap= it was my first LARP. I promise to be better next time! And I loved the people I met there too- made some great friends.
A bit about me: I was born in '86, study at Auckland Uni (majoring in Classics and Anchist and minoring in English) and i have a very large and annoying family. My main passion is music- namely English Rock from the 70s and Romantic-era classical stuff. Speak of a band I like (be it Led Zep or Radiohead) and your’ll get me ranting and raving for at least ten minutes on them.
Appearance: partially layered, longish hair which is often dyed reddish, SHORT :frowning: too bloody short! but with a large bust to compensate. The verdict i have from most of the attractive men i meet= “She’s sweet and cute.” Thanks guys…thanks a lot.
Anyway- i hope to see you at some OTHEr larp than Mordavia now that I’m here :stuck_out_tongue:

'“Dutch” Tim here, 21 in 7 days, and I have been Larping since 2000.

I live in a town called Purmerend, 20km north of Amsterdam, Holland.

GM at most Dutch games, NPC at some others, and player at none.

Spent a year in NZ, playing Brim the Arena Master.

Tabletopping DnD since 1996, so 10 years…

Currently, I am in charge of distribution of flowers, but soon I will try to make the Police Academy physical test, aswell as the interview with the shrink, who yet has to determine if Larping is addiction, illness or hobby.

hi all, I lurked your site for months so…here I am
I’m from Italy and since 1995 I run mainly low-fantasy larp for a small group of people.
Interested in alternative game format and genres I’ve done my thesis about immersive entertainment and hope to put up soon some new larp :smiley:
I knew of nz larps finding the mordavia site googling here and there :wink:
see you (and sorry for english errors :smiley:)

Nice to see you here, noid. You’re on larplist.com too, right?

yes :slight_smile: i was also on the old pagga (now rule7) even though i mainly lurked all the time :blush:

Greetings all, I am known as Uncle Vanya the Crazy Russian. Err… at least some times…

I am an avid book worm and I am in love with roleplaying, thus progression into larping was only natural. I am living in Auckland, doing an English/Philosophy double major. Hmm, what else? I will see many of you at the AGM when I finally join up. I greatly look forward to playing with the fine folk here.

Welcome is it Vanya? Look forward to seeing you there

Since I’m now posting a lot in Diatribe it’s probably a good idea to present myself in some way.
I’m Lucy aka Shutterbug aka person who always hunts people with photocamera and manages to take lots of embarrassing photos.
I’m larping less than a year and only been to 3 games, all of them Mordavia, now planning to make this list longer.
Auckland Sword&Shield member for a bit more than a year, which gives you a hint that I’m located in Auckland :laughing: Got my dagger grade recently :smiley:
My Mordavia character is Celu, elf-alchemist, a retainer to His Shiny Highness Prince Megilindir (scary diagnosis), his main bodyguard (according to his own words) and pretty often the keeper of his sword and shield (that he tends to forget everywhere).
I’ve recently joined SCA and started making a viking character.
Ah, almost forgot: I originate from Russia, English is my second language, but I take every opportunity to improve it by asking questions if I don’t understand the meaning of some words. Sometimes after that I think I should have stayed silent. At the Easter Camp this year Sword&Shielders had lots of fun when I asked what is “cleavage competition”.

My name is Gareth,
Im a freelance photographer and also cameraman and satellite operator for tv3. I also do documentry work for nat geo and discovery tv channels filming some natural disasters in 2005. Spent 3 weeks in a destroyed city in Pakistan after an earthquake last year. We stayed at the base of the himalayers and the view was amazing. The smell of carnage however was another story. Spent a few days in Taiwan for Typhoon Khanun which narrowly missed the island but we got some major wave action.

http://www.geoffmackley.com/archive/khanun2.html

http://www.geoffmackley.com/archive/pakistanquake.html

Also spent 2 weeks in Banda Aceh in Indonesia a year after the tsunami hit. Im new to LARPing. My first proper LARP was Mordavia endgame. A most spectacular weekend both exciting and emotional. Im also involved in the newly formed Stargate LARP. I can’t wait to get more involved with LARPing.

Hi All,
My name is Wendel and I’m 33 and live in Adelaide Australia. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting several of you at Mordavia: Endgame (my first real LARP experience) and hope to come across to NZ for more in the future.

I’ve been roleplaying for 24 years and have an avid interest in all general roleplaying, board games, Military history, WWII and ASL (advanced squad leader). I’m a big lacrosse player (27years) and that dominates the rest of my life. I also do a bit of Drum and Bass Djing.

When I’m forced to work due to the need to eat and pay bills I’m an Immunologist for the University of Adelaide Molecular Biosciences division.

well i’m going to introduce myself as well…
I’ve heard a lot about Larping through my boyfriend and a couple of friends of mind who are involved in the whole Larp-ing scene.
I’ve rather nervous about doing my first larp as i haven’t done anything like that before but it sounds like so much fun, i’ve been converted.
A little about me. I’m Vanessa. am 21. Tried studying at uni, and it didn’t really work, so am working in admin at the moment. I enjoy, writing poetry, horror movies (nightmare circle sounds right up my alley) and just general weirdness…
I’m looking forward to joining in and meeting more of the people i read about on here :slight_smile:

Took me long enough to get around to this! :slight_smile:

I’m Malu, almost 21 and about to enter the world of ‘real jobs’ after finishing my BA. I’ve been larping for a while, mainly Mordavia and I’m helping develop Nibelungen with Craig and Ian. I like reading, sci-fi, sewing, cooking and eating (espicially 70% cocoa chocolate). In my dreams I am a best selling poet who gets paid obscene ammounts of money to fund inspirational jet-setting adventures. In the real world I am a english geek who loves words.

Hi I’m Alista. My characters name is Morgwain (Dark blood) who happens to be a ranger. I’m not sure but I think I am the oldest person on this thread. (Enough said)

Been playing D&D about 27 years, since the first sets were available in NZ. GMing 26 years and still GM D&D 1st ed from time to time. I set up LRP in Hamilton 17 years ago from scrath and am the cheif author of the Quest System. We also had a wooden system about 20 years ago and this has transformed itself into the Arenas we hold. Being in charge of a system means you don’t get to play much. I have also witten a Cthluhu Live Role Play system, rules for ORCball and am currently writing a Buffy/Charmed/Cthulhu game. Wrote a book a while ago on creating your own LRP systems. I think I should probably wipe it now.

All of this means I have strong ideas on LRP and can be very grumpy and crusty. These are attributes you have to learn if you want to run LRP for a long time. LRP is not a democracy. If you have any complaints it will just have to be swords at dawn.

Happy adventuring.

Hi
I first I wandered into the world of Hamiltonia (Quest Waikato…Alista Fow) while attending Waikato University and once my blade had been bloodied for the first time I was hooked.

“I wandered this realm for several years as Lorildor the Elf, Necromancer of all things, before the fall and the darkness. I have returned to Hamiltonia in a new incarnation as the human Lorit Ildor, Necromancer, changed in form but not spirit, to once again walk the paths of the living and of the dead.”

I am hoping to work with Alista Fow in re-establishing the Quest system to Hamilton, where normal life allows anyways.
I have written and run a couple of Quest system modules relatively successfully and hope to add to the very playable Quest system.

My LARP angst is finding good costume, gear & harness, as I have plenty of ideas but no ability with a sewing machine or with crafting armor that doesn’t look well amateur-ish. That and I don’t fit my old gear anymore!