Gear borrowing thread for Chimera '12!

Well I thought i would start a thread for gear borrowing for Chimera :smiley: Everyone can discuss items in this thread.

Since i have seen a few threads already and because i need help too :stuck_out_tongue:

Im short of time and money which i wasnt expecting so im wondering if anyone has a light coloured princess fairytale dress. size 8-12 (bigger if i can temporarily adjust)(for the flagship).

will put more up as i need help :smiley:, I am willing also to lend stuff out, I have a massive amount of stuff.

Luisa :slight_smile:

Can lend you princess dress, Luisa :slight_smile: Iā€™ll PM you tonight about what I hae and you are welcome to borrow anything that suits.

Iā€™m after a Black leather jacket for a ā€˜bikerā€™ type character. I am a L/XL.

It would be beyond fantastic if somebody could help me find/make a set of ceremonial robes. Think Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon. I have a pattern I can borrow to use, but Iā€™m far from the best costume maker.
And some pointers towards a ridiculous collar wouldnā€™t be unnoticed either!

long black velvet anything, or PVC for that matter, think dark evil gothic queen. anything along those lines. i have the shoes, everything upward is helpful.

oh and a really really basic pesant woman floor length skirt

what i have on offer=
modern day goth (read: kind of slutty),
pvc nurses uniforms,
long black wig,
short purple wig,
red short cape,
goth stomper boots,
ruby slippers (heels)
jazz era 20s style black an white dance shoes (mens)

I need some aztec girl clothing, and some things to add to subtly incorporate bear/norse type stuff. And possibly a larpsafe spear, dagger, and a nerf gun with ammo. Everything else in my costumes I can do myself I think, which is good because I am an utterly new LARPer

I might be able to help with the nerf gun as I am planning to buy one for my son (as I have one already) and you could use that. Are you playing Galaxia 20? 8)

Oh Thankyou Anna, I wait for it. :smiley:

I might be able to help with the nerf gun as I am planning to buy one for my son (as I have one already) and you could use that. Are you playing Galaxia 20? 8)[/quote]

Ah ok cool :slight_smile: Please let me know if you can. I will probably be buying ammunition regardless of whether I borrow one or not as then it is only my ammunition that I can possibly lose. No, playing in Heart of Darkness :slight_smile: Also playing in Gateway to Hell, so I might yet attempt to purchase myself a Nerf gun so that I can steampunkify it for that, but Heart of Darkness is the one where I need the nerf gun

Hey Monica - Iā€™m assuming youā€™re wanting the costume and some of the weapons for Sacred Lands? I do have some tribal-type jewelry if youā€™re interested - mostly necklaces and some small bracelets. I might have a short-handed spear, an axe or some knives which could pass as daggers depending on which games youā€™re wanting them for. Just PM me if youā€™re interested!

I might be able to help with the nerf gun as I am planning to buy one for my son (as I have one already) and you could use that. Are you playing Galaxia 20? 8)[/quote]

Ah ok cool :slight_smile: Please let me know if you can. I will probably be buying ammunition regardless of whether I borrow one or not as then it is only my ammunition that I can possibly lose. No, playing in Heart of Darkness :slight_smile: Also playing in Gateway to Hell, so I might yet attempt to purchase myself a Nerf gun so that I can steampunkify it for that, but Heart of Darkness is the one where I need the nerf gun[/quote]
You can borrow my Raider CS-35 Nerf Gun for Heart of Darkness or Gateway to Hell. It takes the Nerf clip system darts. Iā€™m in Gateway to Hell but I donā€™t need my gun except for Galaxia 20 as I have some snazzy laser pistols for Gateway to Hell. 8)

Hey Guys,

Chimera-time is soon! And Iā€™m missing some vital bits and pieces!

Could anyone please point me in the direction of (or lend me!) the following?

• Cowboy Hat & Boots (Im a size 12 >.<, and my head is massive!).
  • A British Explorerā€™s Pith Helmet
  • A Nobleā€™s Wig (One of those white curly ones that Judges use).

Send me a PM if you can help! =)

• Reuben.

I no longer need this

A big ā€˜donā€™t mess with meā€™ weapon for the Saturday night flagship would be niceā€¦

In trade I can offer the metal snake necklace.

[quote=ā€œtheamazingcatherineā€]A big ā€˜donā€™t mess with meā€™ weapon for the Saturday night flagship would be niceā€¦

In trade I can offer the metal snake necklace.[/quote]

That necklace is awesome!

[quote=ā€œtheamazingcatherineā€]

i would love to borrow it just for the night if nobody else wants it. i donā€™t have weapons soz.

[quote=ā€œRagmanā€]

• A Nobleā€™s Wig (One of those white curly ones that Judges use).[/quote]

they are easy to make, yay! about 5-40$ depending where u buy the stuff or if you recycle!

pretty but harder=
http://pondicherrycottage.blogspot.co.nz/2009/02/how-to-make-barrister-wig.html

not as pretty but cheap and easy=
http://www.squidoo.com/powdered-wigs

[quote=ā€œRagmanā€] - Cowboy Hat & Boots (Im a size 12 >.<, and my head is massive!).

• A British Explorerā€™s Pith Helmet
  • A Nobleā€™s Wig (One of those white curly ones that Judges use).[/quote]

In Real Groovy on Queen St thereā€™s a vintage section that has a lot of cowboy boots for sale. Not sure on price however.
If you can get in touch with Kirk Jacinto (I donā€™t believe heā€™s on Diatribe but heā€™s definitely on the BookFace) I know he has a Pith Helmet.
Not too sure on the rest sadly. Sorry!

[quote=ā€œzanniā€][quote=ā€œtheamazingcatherineā€]

i would love to borrow it just for the night if nobody else wants it. i donā€™t have weapons soz.[/quote]

I assume you mean for Saturday? Done.

I have two Super Soaker Rifles painted copper and gold. They work and look kinda Steam-Punk-ish. Iā€™m not using them for Chimera this year so far. :mrgreen: