Gear borrowing thread for Chimera '12!

I’m looking for someone who would be willing to help me with a bit of sewing?

I have a jacket which I would like four letters and a medium sized decal to be sewn on to the back

Like this (but with a simple picture instead of the numbers)

Would anyone be able to help me out?

[quote=“Ragman”] - A British Explorer’s Pith Helmet[/quote]If you’re still looking for pith helmets, Kiwi Disposals on K Rd definitely has some in stock right now. Not sure about sizing, but I imagine they’re supposed to be fairly one-size-fits-all.

They are Jarak, i own two, one white one khaki, I’m using the khaki one so if some one still needs one i can lend them my white one.

[quote=“TimeTraveller”]I’m looking for someone who would be willing to help me with a bit of sewing?

I have a jacket which I would like four letters and a medium sized decal to be sewn on to the back
[/quote]

I can do it, if you want to mail it out to Palmerston North. It might be faster to just spend an evening with a needle and thread, mind…

Would any one up in Auckland have a cane I could borrow please/thank you :slight_smile:

Plain and dark would be great, oh and it’s not a weapon so doesn’t need to be Larp safe.

Cheers guys.

I am looking to knock some dollars off my First Scene hiring costs so I am looking to borrow;

A floor-length skirt either black or black with white stripes (size 12-14) to go under a Victorian bustle + corset
A brown/tan leather utility belt for my steampunk tools
White cotton bloomers (size 12-14)
A tiara/circlet (preferably not gold)

Please help a poor student out. Any of these items would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

If anyone has any Jackie Kennedy style costume components in a size 14-16, that would be great! I’ve got the gloves and pearls sorted, but some kind of pillbox hat and skirt/top or dress combo would be great. Big ask, but you never know!

Also, any black (or red) fairy wings. I can only find pink and white in the shops :confused:

And anyone with a band tshirt I can borrow to emo it up? Bonus points if I’ve never heard of the band :smiley:

Your request for black fairy wings triggered a distant memory of a video I’d seen. Did a search and found it :smiley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z20jIu7XJk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhubpages%2Ecom%2Fhub%2Ffairywings&feature=player_embedded. Hopefully that helps!

[quote=“No Rectangulars”]If anyone has any Jackie Kennedy style costume components in a size 14-16, that would be great! I’ve got the gloves and pearls sorted, but some kind of pillbox hat and skirt/top or dress combo would be great. Big ask, but you never know!

Also, any black (or red) fairy wings. I can only find pink and white in the shops :confused:

And anyone with a band tshirt I can borrow to emo it up? Bonus points if I’ve never heard of the band :smiley:[/quote]

I can offer a Meshuggah tshirt which looks like this http://www.t-shirtzone.co.uk/images/detailed_images/meshuggah_obzenblue_L.jpg or a Tool tshirt that looks like this http://images.shirts.com/tool-nerve-ending-front-hr.jpg.

They are both mens size medium which fit me when I was a size 14-16. The Meshuggah one is bigger. They are both faded and worn.

[quote=“Bryn”]Would any one up in Auckland have a cane I could borrow please/thank you :slight_smile:

Plain and dark would be great, oh and it’s not a weapon so doesn’t need to be Larp safe.

Cheers guys.[/quote]I’m going to be using my grandfather’s old plain brown walking stick in a game on Saturday morning. You’re welcome to borrow it for any other time slot, but I’m afraid its a simple light-ish wooden colour (cause, y’know, its a simple wooden stick), rather than nice and dark.

As for me, I’d very much appreciate being able to borrow a brightly coloured shirt for the flagship - I’m thinking bright yellow or red, but anything would probably work. My shirts tell me I’m a size 39 (I think that’s collar size, in centimetres), but a slightly baggy shirt would probably be good, so I’d be quite happy with something a few sizes up as well.

[quote=“TimeTraveller”]I’m looking for someone who would be willing to help me with a bit of sewing?

Would anyone be able to help me out?[/quote]

Spotlight has iron on letters just like this.

[quote=“Derek”][quote=“TimeTraveller”]I’m looking for someone who would be willing to help me with a bit of sewing?

Would anyone be able to help me out?[/quote]

Spotlight has iron on letters just like this.[/quote]

Spotlight also has a 30% off everything sale today and tomorrow and has extended opening hours (an FYI in case it’s useful)

Hmm, thanks for the idea but I think the jacket’s material is likely to melt with an iron so sewing it’ll have to be. Someone’s contacted me with regards to this so I’m good :slight_smile:

On another note however, Does anyone have a Mjolinir-like hammer that i could borrow for use as Thor in Alpha Alpha Asgard?

There was a guy at Teonn (Jack someone?) who was playing an elemental and he had a short warhammer (actually it was a toy Thor hammer from the Warehouse :laughing: ) which he’d larped up a bit… might be worth trying to get in touch with him. I don’t have any more details for him though sorry

That isn’t your hammer…
:wink:

His username is “Mite King”, and he generally answers to Jack.

[color=#FF0000]if you have anything that looks anything like this=[/color]

http://media.theiapolis.com/d4/hMO/i1IUH/k4/l1J2T/w1HC/charlize-theron-as-the-evil-queen-in-snow.jpg

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2012_Snow_White_and_the_Huntsman/2012_snow_white_and_the_huntsman_018.jpg

[color=#0040FF]or any of the materials to make something like this.[/color]

Things I’d like to borrow:

• Frock coat & waistcoat or other clothes suitable for a Victorian journalist, size small/medium, for Sat Afternoon
  • 70s glam rock singer outfit for Sunday morning, size small/medium. I’m thinking Ziggy Stardust-inspired jumpsuit but open to suggestions. Any accessories welcome like a wig, cravat, coloured 70s glasses, etc

Medieval stuff I can lend:

• 2 foam longswords
  • Brown gambeson, medium/large
  • Chainmail coif, aluminium. Not sure where the brown arming cap that goes under it has gone
  • Great helm, foam, crusader style
  • Tabard, white with red crosses, dirty

Other stuff I can lend:

• Midnight blue kimono with gold eagle & tiger, medium
  • Oriental round hat, basic, black and gold
  • Waist sash, gold and purple, fancy, small/medium
  • Cowboy gun, plastic, nicely painted in metal & woods tones, goes “click” when you fire
  • Cowboy hat, basic, black, small/medium
  • Bowler hat, basic, black, small/medium
  • Top hat, basic, black, small/medium (probably not available Sat afternoon)
  • Long white beard and wig
  • Stethoscope, real, modern, blue and steel
  • Army trench coat, greenish, medium

save mart out west is a treasure trove of this

also, im bringing this style makeup if u want borrow