Utterly new LARPer for Chimera, some gear needed

Hi there, my name is Monica, and while I have been tabletop roleplaying for a while, Chimera will be my first foray into LARPing.
Fortunately, the majority of my characters are going to be very easily costumed, but for one (possibly two, as I haven’t received any information on Heart of Darkness so may yet need help with sourcing costume) LARP, Sacred Lands, I honestly have no idea. I will be playing an Aztec woman, and need a dagger, spear (larp safe), while incorporating subtle “norse” and bear type themes. The dagger I can maybe make, as I have some foam, but if I could borrow a LARPsafe spear, and some Aztec-lady gear that would be amazing. I live in East Auckland but go to uni in Central, and this will be for my Round 3 game which means that if someone going to Chimera is willing to lend gear to me I have both plenty of time to find you, and plenty of time to get the gear back to you within the course of the weekend :slight_smile:

I understand the GM for this game is trying to borrow a pool of stuff for the Oso. I’d offer you a dagger, but I’m not sure I can fit an extra one in my baggage.

http://diatribe.co.nz/t/gear-borrowing-thread-for-chimera-12/6650/1 I have started a new thread so we can all look at one and ask for lots :smiley:

Ok. The larpsafe weapons are one thing, the other is that I don’t know if I will be able to pull anything together for a costume :S

2nd hand clothing stores, Op shops and $2 shops are great tools for getting a costume together and not spending a huge amount of money :slight_smile: