Wellington and National AGM 2012 - Details

And we’ll be in PN and gaming. I presume we can vote for regional committee by email?

To table motions who should we contact? I remember there were a few things after the last constitution shuffle (the big one to regionalize the soc) that need “tweeking”, spellings and clarifications (like between national committee vs regional commitee) and such that would be good to address. There are also a few things as to the rights and powers of game organisers over their games that I and others would like to see codified in the constitution.

The secretary, I think.

Is voted allowed through the internet connection or does it need to be done via e-mail. Or is this a matter to take up with the Secretary?

Hi Joseph

Through Email please.

The time of the National AGM will be 7pm. For those that can’t attend we will attempt to put all votes and motions up on Diatribe in a timely manner. If there is an Auckland meeting at the same time we will attempt to have a Skype connection going.

The National and Wellington AGMs have been delayed 1 week, this is to allow the new Motions to be fully discussed, people to register for mail ballots, and hopefully to link up with the Auckland AGM depending on what date is set for that. All other details for the meeting have stayed the same.

Hey Everyone

Just a reminder that the National AGM and the Wellington AGM have been delayed until Next week, Wednesday 26th September. It will be at 7pm at 40 Boulcott Street in Wellington (Dompost Building).

If you are in Wellington please turn up, if not please vote via email. It’s important everyone has their say, and we also need the numbers for Quorum.

The email address is:
Nzlarps2012agm@gmail.com
A returning officer will be elected at the meeting and will be the only person able to see the votes.

There are 2 areas to vote on:
b The election of Officers[/b]
For each position you can choose to vote for the candidate, to abstain and cast no vote, or a vote of no confidence.

National President: Scott Kelly
National Secretary: Ellen Boucher
National Treasurer: Anna Klein
National Marketing Officer: Michelle Burt
Information Technology Officer: Ryan Paddy

b The Motions for changes to the constitution[/b]
There are 7 motions to vote on, and Motion 1 also has 2 options. For each motion you can vote Yes, No or abstain. For Motion 1 please indicate which option you are voting for.

Motion 1 - Option A
That Section 26 be amended with the addition of the following clause “The project subcommittee for any project has the right to exclude any person from participating in that project if they believe that person to be a detriment of the smooth and safe running of that project, however they may not exclude anyone for reasons that would be unlawful under the Human Rights Act 1993.”

Motion 1 - Option B
That Section 26 be amended with the addition of the following clause “The Project subcommittee for any project has the right to exclude any person from participating in that project for any reason they see fit, however they may not exclude anyone for reasons that would be unlawful under the Human Rights Act 1993.”

Motion 2
That Section 26 be amended with the addition of the following clause “The project subcommittee agrees to abide by any ruling made by the national committee in regards to disciplinary actions the society has undertaken.”

Motion 3
That Section 26 be amended with the addition of the following clause “The society reserves the right to decline any requests for resources a project makes if the project is found to be in breach of the intents and rulings of the society or taken action that would bring the Society into disrepute.”

Motion 4
That Section 27 be amended with the addition of the following clause “The national committee reserves the right to remove affiliation from any organisation if it is found to have taken actions that are in breach of the intents and rulings of the society or taken action that would bring the Society into disrepute.”

Motion 5
That Section 9 be amended with the addition of two new clauses that read:
(a) A former member who has withdrawn after being invited to do so
under this section, or who has been expelled, may not

(i) be given access to society resources; or
(ii) attend any meeting, event, or Project of the Society.

(b) The prohibitions of clause (a) above may be waived by the
National Committee subject to such conditions as it sees fit.

Motion 6
Section 19 is amended with the addition of the following clause: "Each position must be held by a separate individual."
Section 20 is amended with the addition of the following clause: "Each position must be held by a separate individual."
Section 21(a) is amended with the addition of the following clause: "In the event of someone being elected to multiple National positions, they must choose which one to retain and the others filled by the next highest candidate if there is one."
Section 21(b) is amended with the addition of the following clause: “In the event of someone being elected to multiple Regional positions, they must choose which one to retain and the others filled by the next highest candidate if there is one.”

Motion 7
That a new section 10 entitled “Code of Conduct” be added reading:

1. Code of Conduct

“(a) The national and regional committees retain the right to take disciplinary actions against any attendee of a project of the Society for any breach of the following expected level of conduct:
(i) Financial: Attendees and organisers of any NZLARPS project are expected to pay all game fees and debts related to larping activities promptly.
(ii) Legal: Attendees and organisers of any NZLARPS project are required to abide by all New Zealand laws, and any local by-laws while participating in projects of the Society in any way.
(iii) The Public: Attendees and organisers of projects are expected to treat the public with respect, do their best to show the Society in a good light and to not bring the Society into disrepute.
(iv) Venues: Attendees and organisers are expected to look after the venues, abiding by all rules, avoiding damage to buildings and the environment and clean as required.
(v) Behaviour: Attendees and organisers will treat each other with respect, including respecting each other’s privacy and avoiding discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying and personal attacks.
(vi) Health and Safety: Project owners are expected to take all reasonable care to look after the safety and well-being of their attendees. Attendees are expected to assist in this by notifying project owners of any known issues or conditions, and by not placing themselves in dangerous situations or endangering others.
(vii) Children: Project owners and adult attendees will take special care of attendees aged under 16 years. They will respect young people’s right to personal privacy at all times especially in regards to sleeping, changing of clothing, bathing and ablutions. Where reasonably possible young attendees will not be left alone with adults other than their parents or legal guardians, they will remain within sight of at least two adults. Attendees will take care not to provide alcohol or cigarettes to people who are under age.”

“(b) Such disciplinary action may include:
(i) a requirement that future attendance at any Project be subject to a plan for managing or mitigating any risk of a future breach of the Code of Conduct. Such a plan must be approved by that Project’s subcommittee, and by the relevant regional committee; and/or
(ii) in serious cases, expulsion from the Society in accordance with section 9.”

And that following sections (and references to those sections) be renumbered accordingly

Thank you for your time.
Scott

I’ve just gotten around to voting by email on the national committee and the motions regarding the Constitution.

I encourage all other members who won’t be at the meeting in Wellington to do so too, before this Wednesday. A certain percentage of members need to vote or we have to do it all again.

Email votes are good enough for quorum? Excellent - solves that worry.

Anyway, have voted. Huzzah!

Voted. 8)

Voted :smiley:

Did the votey thing

Hey Everyone

Reminder the Wellington AGM and the National AGM are happening tomorrow night (Wednesday). If you are in Wellington please turn up. If outside of Wellington please vote via email nzlarps2012agm@gmail.com. It’s important everyone has their say, and we also need the numbers for Quorum.

7pm at 40 Boulcott Street in Wellington (Dompost Building). Though there was some talk about going for dinner at 6pm. If you think you are going to be late and don’t have my cell phone number get in touch and I will give it to you.

Cheers
Scott

Just to confirm- for those in Wellington who are hanging around in town prior to the AGM and who are keen, dinner at Cadillac Diner on Willis Street from 6 until it’s time to head over to the meeting.

Great, that’s pretty handy for me!

Voted

Voted too, and I encourage all members to vote as well :slight_smile:

Voted 8)

NZLARPS National AGM Agenda
7pm tonight, Dominion Post building, Boulcott St

1. Reports from Officers-
  • President
    -Treasurer
    -Secretary
    -Marketing Officer
  1. Election of National Committee

2. Voting on motions to amend the constitution.

This will be followed by the Wellington Regional AGM

Voted, I hope correctly!

Sorry I can’t make it tonight, family commitments.