Wellington AGM nominations 2021 **EXTENDED TO 22ND OCTOBER**

I would ideally like to step down from the committee as I will be learning to juggle family life in the new year.

1 Like

Anyone else want to step up to be secretary?

Hmm. I note that all roles are marked as seconded, even though there’s no actual post. So to avoid any confusion, I second all current committee members for their existing roles (except myself, because I’ve already been done).

1 Like

I accept my nomination

1 Like

Is there a description of the position requirements anywhere? It might help people decide if they’re up for it

At the top of this thread. I’ve done a detailed how to on how to be regional marketing officer, but none of the other positions are fully documented.

The high-workload local positions are treasurer and gear officer. In a normal year with monthly events, these people are paying bills and loading gear in and out every month. The other committee positions are largely governance: approving new projects, suggesting what we might do or purchase. Wellington has largely chosen to handle committee business online as it comes up rather than having formal monthly face-to-face meetings, which has worked for our workload so far. So its basicly a matter of having to pay attention to your emails and every so often comment on a diatribe thread. (This might change if we saw a much higher level of larp activity, but it worked for 2019 levels of one weekend-long campaign and a bunch of smaller events).

2 Likes

Thanks Idiot, there was a comment seconding all nominations but it has disappeared.

1 Like

In the interest of the committee I will accept my nomination for this year but will still look to step down if the opportunity arises.

Accept nomination for Gear Officer.

1 Like

I would be ok to stand for secretary to give you a break

1 Like

I’ll second Donna for Secretary

1 Like

Thanks Donna! The only position now vacant is the second regional general officer. Are we comfortable proceeding with only one or do we need to rally a second person?

Hey @lesbiancobra , do you accept or decline nomination?

1 Like

I think it’s “up to” 2 general officers, so only 1 should be fine

1 Like

Oops, sorry - I decline my nomination.

2 Likes

I nominate Bradley as a regional general officer.

2 Likes

I second Bradley for general officer.

2 Likes

I accept my nomination.

2 Likes

Wellington Marketing Officer Report 2021

The pandemic was even more of a disruption this year, forcing the cancellation of a lot of games. We were able to hold events in the first half of the year, and the small campaigns (Contagion, Thunderrealm island, Scandal & Society, Empty Vessels) were all able to run events, but all weekend-long events were cancelled. The current Auckland outbreak has forced the cancellation of all events since August, and this looks like it will last into early next year. If you are considering running a larp event, its probably not practical before February or March; check the event planning calendar for available dates.

Other than maintaining the list of upcoming larps - which is currently on hold because there is nothing upcoming - I haven’t done any marketing this year. I did not really consider Armageddon this year due to fears about Covid and the risk of sudden rescheduling and game cancellation. There may be opportunities to advertise at VUW students early next year, but everything obviously depends on the outbreak.

Once again I did not run a marketing survey this year. When this is all over, then I’ll need to do one to see what people are interested in. But for the moment its just a matter of waiting.

2 Likes

Wellington Regional Director Report 2021

I will keep this short as there has unfortunately not been much LARP on, but we had great events when we could! We welcomed the two events held by Consequence in the last reporting period, but of course were saddened by the multiple delays of Game 3.

We had some wonderful short-form LARPs put on by Scandal & Society, Empty Vessels, Contagion and a handful of theatreform LARPs.

I share many hats in NZLARPs, and so I will repeat what I have said elsewhere - I am very proud of this community, and I cannot wait to LARP with you all again when we are able to.