The Great Bloody Valentine Ride Sharing Thread!

It’s that time again!!!

First important point: The GM’s do not currently have all required transport for the game gear. Until that’s sorted, we can’t answer any questions about getting your/your gear out there.

Second important point: When offering or asking for rides, please include which end of town, approximate leaving town time and approximate volume of gear. Also, please don’t assume that the person you’re talking to has seen your post - ensure you get a reply before you consider things a done deal.

UPDATE: Mel is taking The Cook, 2 other GM’s and Steph. Mel can take gear if you get it to her house by dawn Friday.

Hello! I’m leaving from Northland. Time TBA, since I don’t know when I’ve got time off work. One suitcase, one sword.

I can get the day of if I schedule it far enough in advance, in which case I’ll be leaving from Kelburn (same flat as Sarah and Thom) at any time, otherwise I can be ready in Karori just before 1:00.

I’ll have a suitcase and bag of props, plus sleeping bag/pillow.

I’d love to get to Brookfields early to help with set dressing.

Can provide rides

I will not be at the camp to help set up this time.

I will be leaving the middle of Wellington (car parking building on Tory st) at 6pm and heading straight to the camp.

I will have room for up to 4 other people (with very little gear) or 3 others (with quite a bit).

Return lifts offered first to those I drive to the camp. First in, first served and email me at sophmelc@gmail.com if you want one of the spaces. Replies here are too easy to miss.

[quote=“sophmelc”]Can provide rides

I will be leaving the middle of Wellington (car parking building on Tory st) at 6pm and heading straight to the camp.

I will have room for up to 4 other people (with very little gear) or 3 others (with quite a bit).

Return lifts offered first to those I drive to the camp. First in, first served and email me at sophmelc@gmail.com if you want one of the spaces. Replies here are too easy to miss.[/quote]

1 space taken.

I have a ride out w/Mel (wheeeeeee grocery shopping), but I’d appreciate a ride back. Any time. I’m in Northland. I will have a large suitcase & gym bag.

I need a ride there, back and (stupidly) a ride to petone/bus stop in the morning of the 15th (I have to work from 10-3pm) and then back again/picked up from bus stop again. Is there anyone generous enough to do this for me on the Saturday? I really want to come to this game :slight_smile:

EDIT: I finish work at 5pm on Friday

EDIT: Should be all good getting a lift from town on Friday, and back on Saturday morning (to nearest bus option), I just need to be picked up from the bus stop in Wainui on Saturday night around 6pm. I should have Sunday off, but I’ll probably need another ride back to a bus stop on Sunday morning as well. Work is fricking me around a lot.

I haven’t figured out where i’m staying yet, but I will also need a ride from somewhere hopefully near the centre. Also travelling with Lucy and Mila who will need rides, doesn’t matter if we are in separate cars.

SORTED

[quote]I’m looking to secure transport.

[ul]∙ I’m sorted for a lift back.[/ul]
[ul]∙ I’m in Mount Cook and am available to leave at any time.[/ul]
[ul]∙ One suitcase and several weapons, including a great sword.[/ul]
[ul]∙ If I could get out early to help with setup I’d be keen.[/ul][/quote]

Another Aucklander in need of a ride there and back. I’m happy to help with setting up, and the only gear I’ll have is a bag I can hold on my lap.

Hi all,

I’m looking for transport to and from the event from Wilton. I can bus into the city for pick-up there if that is easier. I can also contribute to transport with hugs, high-fives or monies.

Since I am not on Diatribe frequently, can you text me on 0273425491 if you are able to help me?

Yes. Lift/ride. Ummm, be needing one as well please? hopeful look

Us silly out of towners :unamused:

I don’t have a ride there, or back, or generally any idea what is going on usually. At this point available to leave any time, from either Newtown or more central if easier.

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“sophmelc”]Can provide rides

Return lifts offered first to those I drive to the camp. First in, first served and email me at sophmelc@gmail.com if you want one of the spaces. Replies here are too easy to miss.[/quote]

1 space taken.[/quote]

The late car on Friday is now full. People I’m taking are Alison, Sarah L and Naomi. I’ll email them separately.

RIGHT THEN!

Here is my offer:

At 12 pm on friday I will leave the wellington CBD and collect the GM’s trailer. (pending confirmation of requirement)
If you have excess gear and want help getting it to the camp, let me know what you have and I’ll organise to collect it from you.
4 seats available at $5 a head, (sorry, but I have to cover petrol costs.) - Room for bags & gear, not a problem.
If you’re late, you’re left behind (unless you call / text me)
I won’t be there to unload the trailer, simply drop it off & leave
Head straight back to Wellingon CBD

At 5pm I will leave Wellington CBD again.
4 seats at $5 a head. Less room for gear this trip, if you want a spot, but have gear, I can take it at midday instead and leave it in a bunk room somewhere.
Stop at Wainui shops for 10 minutes, for Dinner / Grocery shop if anyone wants it.
Head to the Camp.

I will NOT Be there to drive people home on Sunday!
These are 1 way trips for people on Friday who want to help set dress during the day, and to assist the GM’s in getting their gear there.

Pending the Actual weekend, if I happen to be around at the end, I might be able to assist in getting people / stuff back.
I simply cannot guarantee my attendance, so rather than put people out, I’d rather not commit to anything.

I’d like to take you up on your offer! Can you PM me with your cellphone number?

[quote=“TazzyD”]RIGHT THEN!

Here is my offer:

At 12 pm on friday I will leave the wellington CBD and collect the GM’s trailer. (pending confirmation of requirement)
If you have excess gear and want help getting it to the camp, let me know what you have and I’ll organise to collect it from you.
4 seats available at $5 a head, (sorry, but I have to cover petrol costs.) - Room for bags & gear, not a problem.
If you’re late, you’re left behind (unless you call / text me)
I won’t be there to unload the trailer, simply drop it off & leave
Head straight back to Wellingon CBD

At 5pm I will leave Wellington CBD again.
4 seats at $5 a head. Less room for gear this trip, if you want a spot, but have gear, I can take it at midday instead and leave it in a bunk room somewhere.
Stop at Wainui shops for 10 minutes, for Dinner / Grocery shop if anyone wants it.
Head to the Camp.

I will NOT Be there to drive people home on Sunday!
These are 1 way trips for people on Friday who want to help set dress during the day, and to assist the GM’s in getting their gear there.

Pending the Actual weekend, if I happen to be around at the end, I might be able to assist in getting people / stuff back.
I simply cannot guarantee my attendance, so rather than put people out, I’d rather not commit to anything.[/quote]

Bump; I have 3 seats available at lunchtime on friday and 2 still available after work (5pm)

Going to post on Facebook to prompt people to come back here and update their requirements.

Randy Pants! I can take you to work on Saturday morning, but you’ll need to source a ride back to camp afterwards.

EDIT - 2 seats left at 5pm.

UPDATE: Mel is taking The Cook, 2 other GM’s and Steph. Mel can take gear if you get it to her house by dawn Friday.

Thanks for clarifying, Mel.

Daniel and I are looking to make landfall at Brookfields at any time on the Friday. Happy to help set up, happy to pay petrol costs. Will have a medium amount of luggage, that we will likely send with the GM van.
Is there anyone with space still that will be arriving earlier than 5 p.m. If not, Chris, are those two remaining spots in your 5 p.m. jaunt still available?

I have 3 spots at midday and 2 at 5pm, 5pm will be a bit of a squeeze with gear though.