RIDE SHARE THREAD - session 6

Ok folks, here we go again.

If you need a ride, say so here. Please indicate approximately where and when you can leave and how much volume.
If you can offer a ride, say so here. Please indicate where and when you’re leaving from, and how much volume you have.

We have the venue from about 12 midday, and would absolutely love help setting up.

Please make personal contact if you want to get in a vehicle!

The GM van will be leaving Mels house at ungodly o’clock, currently carrying:
Mel
Thom
Mike
Seanne
Jess
Yes, there will be space for some player gear and the usual stuff for the Infirmary.

I’m going to try to repeat the process of having my car take the cooks and Nick W to Petone at about lunchtime - so I need a driver for my car to do this, and it will then have ONE space, but not much volume for gear. The person who drives the cooks to Petone can then go back to town and get another load of people (which I’ll leave up to them to sort out). I’ll bring the van back to Petone and get the cooks, food and 1 passenger. Any volunteers to do this driving?

I would like a ride. I will need to get the time off work, but I do want to come set up since I haven’t been able to do it the last few times. :slight_smile:

I will also need a ride - I would prefer to leave in the afternoon as I want to spend sometime in Wellington, but otherwise flexible (I arrive thursday night).

Require a lift to & from the game from someone wonderful.
I arrive at Wellington Airport on Friday 4pm, and leave Sunday 8:45 (@ airport 8pm).
I could take bus to city if that helps on Friday, takes about half an hour.
Will have one suitcase.

Barring the improbable, I will be available to help set up and can leave any time on Friday.

GM Van?

Sara here (cook). Alex Cass and I will each need rides BACK from 33ar. I live in Kelburn; Alex is in Highbury.

Happy to pitch in for petrol, but I will have a sizeable amount of gear, including boxes of cans & bottles for recycling.

Help appreciated!

Steph here. I have Friday free and would love a ride from Wadestown, and back again on Sunday night. I’ll have a suitcase, sleeping bag, my giant demonology tome, and a bag of set-dressing stuff/props.

If anyone has an extra seat, I’ll also need a ride back to town at the end of the event, as well as stopping by the caretakers house on the way out to pick up the invoice.

I land 10am Friday and plan to bus to central area for breakfast, so if I can be picked up from there any time from 12pm onwards that would be great (or if someone is close to airport and can pick me from there earlier on that’s great, but I can bus to town just fine).
Flying back 8.10pm Sunday, so need to be in airport around 7 - again ride to there would be great but if not I can be dropped in town earlier and bus from there.
I’ll have a backpack and one big flight bag with me.
Thank you.

Hi, Tanya here, I need a ride to and from 33AR. Can leave anytime on Friday. Suitcase and a couple of bags. From Brooklyn , if possible. Happy to help with setting up !

Hi guys, Teresa here. I arrive into Wellington Airport at 5pm on Friday and will need a ride to and from 33AR. Will have no more than 2 bags with me.

A good option might be catching the airport bus to Lower Hutt and then someone can nip down to get you. Especially if there are any other Aucklanders arriving around then.

Just arranged my flights -

I will be getting into Wellington around 6:45 on the Friday night (I know, I know, but I can’t get much time off at all), happy to bus out to Lower Hutt and get picked up from there if that’s easier.

And I’m leaving Wellington on the Sunday night, flight leaves at 9.30pm. Again, happy to bus to the airport from somewhere else to make it easier for people. Bearing in mind I’ll have to be at the airport at around 8.30 to allow time for Jetstar check in etc.

Any takers?

Edit: I’m sending my luggage with Cameron in his car, so I won’t have much on me, just my carry-on backpack.

I have hired a car for the weekend to get myself out to the game.

I’ll be leaving Wellington around lunch time on Friday with Naomi and Prema. I have space for one more on the trip out.

If there are late arrivals from Auckland I’m happy to pick people up from Lower Hutt and ferry them up to the game. However getting back to the city after the game will need to be sorted out, as I will have a full car.

Can I get that last spot Sophie?
If you have room for a tent, suitcase & me, that’ll be good. Else I’ll find another way to get the tent there.

[quote=“TazzyD”]Can I get that last spot Sophie?
If you have room for a tent, suitcase & me, that’ll be good. Else I’ll find another way to get the tent there.[/quote]

Tent might be a squeeze, but I’m sure we’ll sort it out somehow! My car is now full.

This is great idea! I’m gonna do this :slight_smile:
Apparently the final stop for airbus is near Westfield Queensgate - so this is where I will be hanging out waiting for pick up (please? :cry: )

This is great idea! I’m gonna do this :slight_smile:
Apparently the final stop for airbus is near Westfield Queensgate - so this is where I will be hanging out waiting for pick up (please? :cry: )[/quote]

Yes, that makes the most sense.

Russ could do with a ride from somewhere in the city to the venue on the Friday afternoon, after 4, and a ride back into the city (Highbury) on the Sunday evening.
I’m able to take a train to any pick-up venue on the Friday, although this might delay timetables slightly.