[Red Letter Day] The Great Ride Sharing Thread

OK, I now have Daena & Sarah & Ben.

Whoops, my transport plans have fallen through. There still a seat anywhere? Zek travels light, so I won’t have more than I can really carry, and can be available any time from anywhere in the city if necessary.

Tazzy D - Do you still have room in your car?

TazzyD - “I have room still, AuraChan, can you get to railway station for 5-5:30?
Anaquinn, if I grab you from Thorndon, can you be ready before 5:30?
I currently have Sarah Lyne with me as well, current plan is leave work around 4:30pm
If I leave work “Ontime” I can spin out to Miramar & pick up Thorndon / Station on the way back through.”

I am still in need of a ride, from Northland if possible but can get into town if needed. Should have just one large backpack. Chur.

AuraChan - I have room for 1 more, it might be a squeeze in the back seat.
You’d need to get to Trainstation for 4:30ish.

Since we seem to have a lot of people attempting to get rides, and I really don’t do much on a friday at work.
Are there any people that can head out to the camp at 1pm, if I happen to get a work car for my lunch break, I could take some people, drop them off and then come back to work.

4 people, 1pm on Stout Street (by the toyworld in the CBD)

Hi TazzyD,

Thanks, I have 1 backpack, 1 big bag and a sleeping bag. Hopefully it would all fit. Should be able to manage 4.30pm.

[quote=“AuraChan”]Hi TazzyD,

Thanks, I have 1 backpack, 1 big bag and a sleeping bag. Hopefully it would all fit. Should be able to manage 4.30pm.[/quote]

All good,

Any Chance of catching a lift from Wellington Central?

So in light of how few cars there are, we can probably make a run out to the last public transport in Wainiuomata if those taking it all agree to be there at the same time, and you tell us what time that will be. And then we’ll run out and drop you off again on Sunday if rides can’t be found. musicforwolves/Russ is already looking at this option, so talk to him.

If you’re keen to take this option, feel free to dump gear with the GM van - last drop-off is sunrise on Friday!

Or a bunch of you could book a shuttle? I have no idea how much that might set you back though.

I’m still offering a run around 1pm for those that are ready at that time.

But as stated, it’s an option to get transport out to Wainui.

Remember, people also need to get a lift home on the Sunday.

I have 3 people going out at 1pm now, room for 1 more.

Last spot has gone now.

If anyone is without a ride, investigate getting your gear to the GM Van & then making your way to Wainui.
I am MORE than happy to run people back and forth from Wainui to the Camp.

Bus Route : 170
Leaves Queens Gate : 2-4 times an hour
Journey time to Wainui: 20-30 Minutes
Cost: 5.50 - 6.50