[Red Letter Day] The Great Ride Sharing Thread

[quote=“sophmelc”]
3 spaces left![/quote]

1 space left in the van leaving Wellington early on the Friday!

I’m bringing my car down from Auckland to have a road trip and also bring stuff for Hydra as well as 33AR. If anyone has anything up in Aucks they want brought down I’m willing to do that. Plus that will be an extra 3 seats for anyone needing a ride to the location of the game :smiley:

I’ll be flying up afterwards and leaving my car with Scott, so if anyone needs to borrow a car in the 2 week interum between events I’m happy to loan it out given people fill up what they use and don’t crash it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all, I am coming down to this event to crew my first LARP back here in NZ. Leaving from Levin around 1600-1630, passing through Lower Hutt around 1730ish, depending on traffic. Just myself so have room for 3 or 4 passengers if needed, big wagon so plenty of room for stuff.

I am currently 50/50 with time of departure.

However, Based on previous experience, I am happy to take those working on Friday from Wellington CBD at around 4pm out to the venue. I have room for 3 people, (4 if you’re friendly) and “ample” room for gears. I am happy to pick up from houses, if you have gear that you can’t “comfortably” bring to the cbd / train station.

I will confirm closer to the time, what my plans are.

Official news has come in - The GMs have a Five seater van and probably a bit of spare space.
The seatbelts are reserved for the GMs, the driver and the cook.
But we can take some gear from you guys, if that would help with getting people out there, provided you get it to us the night before, or sparrows fart on the day.

I’ll be leaving the CBD around 4.30 - 5 and heading out from there, if there’s anyone like me who can’t get the day off work, hit me up :slight_smile:

Hi I would love a ride to 33AR from Brooklyn.I’m happy to contribute towards petrol.I’m crewing so I’m happy to leave anytime on Friday.I will just have a sleep bag ,pillow and back pack.Thanks. :smiley:

Re: [Important Announcement Thread]

A few people have asked, and now I have the answer. We have access to the site from middday, and the GM van will likely be showing up a bit after that.

We’re finalising details, and we’ll email them out soon, but the game is likely to be starting 7 or 8pm, and dinner will not be served as part of the start of the game. But feel free to use the facilities there to make a dinner (with the express permission of the Cook).

[quote=“mundens”]I’ll be driving from Silverstream, Upper Hutt, late afternoon/early evening, buying fish & chips in Petone, or thereabouts, for dinner, so would prefer to pick up people already in the Hutt.

I can take one extra person and their gear, possibly two if their gear is compact.[/quote]

I wouldn’t mind taking up that offer :smiley:

I could use a ride from either Thorndon or the Railway Stn at about 5.30 or later?

It looks like I will still need a ride in from Wellington (Miramar if possible) I am hoping I will finish work at 3pm but it could also be 5pm. Will have one large bag/ sleeping bag and backpack.

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“sophmelc”]
3 spaces left![/quote]

1 space left in the van leaving Wellington early on the Friday![/quote]

The Gypsy Caravan is now full!

I have room still, AuraChan, can you get to railway station for 5-5:30?
Anaquinn, if I grab you from Thorndon, can you be ready before 5:30?
Daena, did you sort out a ride?

I currently have Sarah Lyne with me as well, current plan is leave work around 4:30pm

If I leave work “Ontime” I can spin out to Miramar & pick up Thorndon / Station on the way back through.

Im pretty certain im going in the gypsy Van (i think)? Sophie can you confirm?

but if not and you can take me that would be great.

[quote=“daena”]Im pretty certain im going in the gypsy Van (i think)? Sophie can you confirm?

but if not and you can take me that would be great.[/quote]

Hi Daena. Sorry but I didn’t see you mention you needed a lift, so we don’t have space now. So best if you get a lift with someone else.

[quote=“daena”]Im pretty certain im going in the gypsy Van (i think)? Sophie can you confirm?

OK, pending some responses, now.

Can you advise what time you will be available on the day for pick up. If I could pick up your gear during the day, could you make it into town via bus or something to the station?

Ben W-vE has asked for a ride, but he’s far too robotic to get through the captcha to register for Diatribe. He’s in Brooklyn/Aro and doesn’t have too much stuff. He can almost certainly get to town.

Jenni, thought I had your email address but it turns out I don’t. Sophie suggested I enquire with you about a ride - do you have any space, and if so, where should I be waiting?

[quote=“TazzyD”][quote=“daena”]Im pretty certain im going in the gypsy Van (i think)? Sophie can you confirm?

Can you advise what time you will be available on the day for pick up. If I could pick up your gear during the day, could you make it into town via bus or something to the station?[/quote]

Will be availible for pick up anytime but getting out of newlands with all of my stuff is the tricky part the nanny can’t drive and i don’t want to trust everything to a bus down to the railway

[quote=“daena”][quote=“TazzyD”][quote=“daena”]Im pretty certain im going in the gypsy Van (i think)? Sophie can you confirm?

Can you advise what time you will be available on the day for pick up. If I could pick up your gear during the day, could you make it into town via bus or something to the station?[/quote]

Will be availible for pick up anytime but getting out of newlands with all of my stuff is the tricky part the nanny can’t drive and i don’t want to trust everything to a bus down to the railway[/quote]

I was thinking about picking up your gear at say Lunch time, so you didn’t have to haul it down. Does that work? If its easier, we’ll just come get you.