[Red Letter Day] The Great Ride Sharing Thread

Lets get this party started, team!

I’m still uncertain about the GM wheels situation (I’m trying to convince parents to lend me their awesome 5 seater van…) and I’m also remembering that on our way back from the first session we had someone sitting in the footwell. All going to plan, the GM’s can probably take your GEAR, provided you get it to us ahead of time, but we may be very short on room for people.

People who need a ride line up on the left, people who can offer a ride line up on the right.

ETA:
To make life easier for all involved, can everyone put their Wheres and Whens and Approximate Volume of Stuff requirements/availabilities down as well?

ETA2:

A few people have asked, and now I have the answer. We have access to the site from middday, and the GM van will likely be showing up a bit after that.

We’re finalising details, and we’ll email them out soon, but the game is likely to be starting 7 or 8pm, and dinner will not be served as part of the start of the game. But feel free to use the facilities there to make a dinner (with the express permission of the Cook).

Gosh, I probably will require a ride

I’m unsure whether or not I’ll be taking the day off of work as of now- This will largely depend on how I end up getting there. If I don’t take the day off, I can arrange to get the early shift, so I’ll be finishing in Thorndon around 2:30, from which point I can go home (to Hataitai), or meet some fabulous person who’s willing to give me a ride elsewhere.

I’m finishing at Uni at around 3 and live in Upper Hutt ;_; I know how you feel lol

Yes A ride would be good. My usual chauffeur is abandoning me for Australia before then.

To make life easier for all involved, can everyone put their Wheres and Whens and Approximate Volume of Stuff requirements/availabilities down as well?

I won’t have too much stuff- Just a sleeping bag, pillow, bag full of clothing/other stuff necessary for a weekend away, and a massive foam demonology tome.

I’ll be driving from Silverstream, Upper Hutt, late afternoon/early evening, buying fish & chips in Petone, or thereabouts, for dinner, so would prefer to pick up people already in the Hutt.

I can take one extra person and their gear, possibly two if their gear is compact.

I’ll be coming from Naenae and could use a lift unless I can convince either my husband or my girlfriend to drive me up…

I’m in the CBD and have a medium suitcase plus weapons. I have the Friday off.

I’d like a ride from Kelburn. Traveling light (as always), so I’ll have a medium-sized backpack, a pillow and sleeping bag. I have no plans on the Friday.

Question to Thom, Sarah, Jess or Luke: is there the possibility of Luke getting the same vehicle we transported in last time, or will we need to make other arrangements?

Hello friends!

There is a group of us planning to spend the Friday afternoon on site doing set dressing and setting up. The plan is thus:

• Hire a van which will fit 11 people. There will be a cost to cover the hire and petrol.
  • Leave Wellington around 1pm for Brookfields.
  • Do food runs into Lower Hutt/Petone as needed in the afternoon.
  • Set up the Taverna, Hospital and Command Office as well as helping the GMs as needed.

We currently have 5 people in the van (Nick P, Nick C, Sophie, Naomi, Hannah) as well as a large amount of stuff. That means we need another 5-6 to round it out.

The cost to ride in the Gypsy Van (as it is hence forth known) will be $35-40 return, including petrol. Final cost will be known once we have the numbers and the final cost of hire.

Does this sound like your idea of a good time? PM me for one of the spaces! We could potentially pick up someone in Petone or Lower Hutt on the way through, but for simplicity it will still cost the same.

Ok, we now have 4 spaces left.

Will you want to come out early? The Gypsy Van can take you.

Moss said that they don’t drink tea. Why would I subject myself to an tealess existence with people who yell at me a lot?

Hey Sophie, can I grab a lift in the van? I shouldn’t have too much stuff, and I’m happy to help with set dressing :slight_smile:

Leo drinks tea. Tea with the seal of approval from the cook. We can sit at the back and laud our superior tea drinking ways over the savages.

Sure thing.

3 spaces left!

Aaaand somehow posted a message that was intended as a PM for Sophie in this thread as well as replying to her (explaining why riding in the Gypsy Van is NOT an acknowledgement of any sort of desire to be a gypsy.) I should not be allowed on the internet before I’ve had my minimum daily requirement of caffeine.

I will need transport, and i can help with setting up (i’ll even miss any lectures i have that day as i have childcare covered :slight_smile: so am happy to go out early on the friday if that helps, so if someone can take me from Newlands/Paparangi i will be very grateful

Daena