Ongoing updates

Thanks, is now live and announced.

Craig, there seem to be space limits on the server again.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Thanks, is now live and announced.

Craig, there seem to be space limits on the server again.[/quote]

Good job.

They’re on-going and due to demanding clients and steady growth of my forums. March.

The new ‘upcoming events’ section on the front page is good.

A suggestion - since we list all LARP events we hear about, can we have the events marked to indicate which are Projects and Affilliates? This would help show people the nzLARPS influence and so on. Not vital, but might be good PR.

[quote=“Steve Shipway”]The new ‘upcoming events’ section on the front page is good.

A suggestion - since we list all LARP events we hear about, can we have the events marked to indicate which are Projects and Affilliates? This would help show people the nzLARPS influence and so on. Not vital, but might be good PR.[/quote]

we also have those with no relationship such as quest waikato. I think I like it the way it is

Time for the Kapcon banner to come down.

Would be good to have an Immersion banner I think. But there’s nowhere good to link it yet. Anna, if you want to write something for an Immersion page to go on nzlarps.org, I’ll make you a banner.

I’ve just deleted the Ryan folder that just had old NZLARPS web designs. Will free a tiny amount of space.

Yep, but I can’t remember the login/address for diaryan to do it. :blush:

I agree that a lovely Immersion page and banner would be nice.

In terms of details for the event list, screen space is lacking. Personally if I was going to show something else, it’d be what city it’s in. AKL or WLG or something, rather than their relationship to NZLARPS. Be good to start pushing our national potential.

Realised how much this “can’t upload, no space” thing sucks when collaborating on one server, so I just bit the bullet and bought more space with my existing host. Ryan, you should be able to add stuff willy-nilly now.

I’ve added locations to the events. Can always remove them or change them if people think it’s too busy, but I really feel we need to start pushing the “national support for larp” cart now before we get a reputation for insularity.

If space is a premium, maybe make a set of mini-icons to indicate location - eg, red A in a square for Auckland, green W in a square for Wellington. I agree that showing NZLARPS to not be purely Auckland-centric is a good idea.

I still like the idea of also having (for example) a blue P or A in a circle to indicate Projects and Affilliates. Ones which are not related to NZLARSP of course would have neither. This would show the extent of the society’s work.

Two small concerns:

The Stargate game is on the 6th now.
And we could put One World By Night on the calendar as well - 10th Feb.

Sure thing.

Will fix.

What can it link to? I can do it without a link but it’s not very useful info. Or link to an email address.

Could it link to this post?
viewtopic.php?p=10228&highlight=#10228

Done.

Ten upcoming events, nice.

I hope we can keep that kind of momentum up. We’ve got nothing beyond Ravenholme.

Winter is likely to be slower than summer.

Having said that, a number of the events like Pirates, Stargate, Skirmish etc. are campaigns with fairly regular events. They just don’t advertise their dates very far ahead. As they approach and are advertised, we’ll just have to remember to add them in.

I’d like to see Flight of the Hindenburg run in Auckland over this winter. I was too damn hot in a suit and army coat in summer anyway. I get the impression that I may have to spearhead it to make it happen, but I think it would be worth it as the material is wicked.

I have some Winter games in mind, but it’s just too damned hot to even think about them right now!

Sure thing.[/quote]

'kay, I’ve PMed it to you, Craig.

Also, another event for the Coming Up calendar: March 16th-18th: Nightmare Circle.

Okay, added.

Shame the right-hand space doesn’t fit long names very well. The wrapping looks a bit odd. Should I put the dates in a left (invisible) column and the rest in a right column, or something like that?

Talked to Adam today and he was keen to get more imagery onto the www.nzlarps.org website prior to the bigger changes to come later this year.

I agree with the idea that images sell larp.

Some ideas for options:

• Add a photos page with a few sleected photos from each larp (not each event, that’s too much maintenance).

• Add an area of every page with selected images from the projects & affiliates, possibly random. E.g. like Mordavia’s left column photos. Photo area to appear on homepage as well.

We may want to consider including photos from larps that aren’t projects or affiliates, with permission from the larp organisers. The society’s mission is to promote all NZ larp so it would be friendly to take a broad view, like we do with the upcoming event list.