Ongoing updates

The second option might look roughly like this:

nzlarps.org/photos.htm

With different photos that could be different sizes, different use of borders, etc. The image strip alternatively could go along the top, right, or bottom but I tried and this seemed the best fit.

Hopefully with different photos that wouldn’t look so much like Mordavia.

I like the idea of the second option, with a column on the left hand side with pictures on every page.
My idea is that we ask GM’s for a set number of images at a set widith (5 stargate photos, 5 mordavia etc) for example. Same goes for affiliates who are games. This way each game has the same exposure and to hopefully make it easier for or web designers.
I also liked Ryans idea of random images being displayed.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]The second option might look roughly like this:

nzlarps.org/photos.htm
[/quote]

Cool, this would help pull in the punters. :smiley:

I have an idea.

I have no idea whether this is a good or practical idea, but I thought I’d share it in case there was something in it.

There’s a section in Immersion called “Past Larps” which has 100 word in-character summaries of games that have happened in the past three months. With the recent mushrooming of larp (yay), this section is spinning a little out of control.

I’m imagining something with a blog-like format. A page with most recent ones at the top, and less recent as you scroll down. Updated with a 100-300 word summary of each larp game that happens in New Zealand that we can get a report on. With links to discussion forums and photo galleries (not necessarily hosted by us)

The reason I think this would be a good addition to the main website of nzLARPS is that newbies who are directed to the website by our business cards or other means will then have an immediate way of seeing what goes on in the game with a clear layout without having to forage through Diatribe. While Diatribe is an excellent discussion tool, I have had feedback from newbies that it can be quite difficult to navigate. We want our website to sell larp with little effort on part of the newbie.

Any thoughts?

I have noticed that the Mordavia banner is still up.

Yes. Craig told me to leave the Mordavia banner up, but it’s probably time for it to come down now.

Likewise Nibels Crash is up.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Yes. Craig told me to leave the Mordavia banner up, but it’s probably time for it to come down now.

Likewise Nibels Crash is up.[/quote]

I think is looks a bit slack to be advertising games which are in the past, espeically Nibelungen as it has dates in Feb in the banner, can we get them removed or updated to a general banner add?

Ravenholme Quiritis whatsit now past, we should probably take the banner ad down.

Could we get a general Ravenholme banner ad that will point to a web page? Event banners are cool, but while there is no event upcoming a general banner for campaigns is a good idea I think.

We have now affiliated with a One World by Night night group in Auckland, right? We should add this group to our list of affiliates on the NZLARPS website. What is the group called - “One World by Night Auckland” or something? Is it this group: diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=1394 ? I still think it would be good to add an ultra-simple page to the NZLARPS site for them with the contact details.

There is also a Vampire Requiem group mentioned at diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=1397 - is this related in any way to the One World by Night group? If not, should we see if they want to affiliate too?

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]
Could we get a general Ravenholme banner ad that will point to a web page? Event banners are cool, but while there is no event upcoming a general banner for campaigns is a good idea I think. [/quote]

Yes, that would be excellent. We do actually have a webpage up but we haven’t announced it yet. nzlarps.org/ravenholme/

We’re also working on putting together a day game for June 23rd to fundraise for our heinously expensive weekend game. If you give us a few days, we’ll probably have all the details confirmed for that.

[quote]
We have now affiliated with a One World by Night night group in Auckland, right? We should add this group to our list of affiliates on the NZLARPS website. What is the group called - “One World by Night Auckland” or something? Is it this group: diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=1394 ? [/quote]

Yep, that’s them. As far as I know, they are just called “One World by Night Auckland”, or OWBN for short. They systematically run their games on the second Saturday of each month.

Nope, they are not related to each other at all. Probably worth approaching for affiliation. They’re very new, as far as I know they’ve only had one game so far.

Thanks. I’ll take down the current Ravenholme banner now. Post here when you’re announcing the website and have a general Ravenholme campaign banner, and I’ll put it up and link it to the website. Happy to add event banners too whenever they’re ready. I’ll update the NZLARPS homepage mini-calendar too when there’s an announcement.

I’ll see what I can do for a One World by Night page, but in the meantime I’ll just link to the forum topic.

We should approach the Requiem larp to see if they are interested in affiliation.

Also, we’ve made St Wolfgang’s a project and should list it too. I’ll link to the forum topic for now.

It also looks like the freeform banner is not displaying properly.

It looks okay to me, but I have seen it fail in the past when their website was having an outage.

I’ll make a local copy of the banner on Diatribe so that it always shows.

Done:

• removed Ravenholme past event banner from Diatribe
  • made Freeform Games banner on Diatribe local
  • added One World By Night Auckland to affiliates
  • added One World By Night Auckland next event to upcoming events
  • added St Wolfgang’s Vampire Hunters! to projects

To do:

• put in new Ravenholme banners once they are received
  • link to Ravenholme site once it’s announced
  • create OWBN mini-banner for affiliate
  • create OWBN web page
  • need St Wolfgang’s mini-banner for project
  • would be nice to have St Wolfgang’s full banner for Diatribe

I’ll get right on anything Wolfgang or Ravenholme related in that list…

Okay, I have the three frames for the Ravenholme bannner but my gif animator seems to insist on making the black transparent to white and I can’t seem to figure out how to get rid of this setting. Any ideas?

You need to turn transparency on.

I solved the problem by getting a new gif maker. I’m running the banner by Brian for Ravenholme now.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]To do:

• put in new Ravenholme banners once they are received[/quote]

I have the banner, where do I send them?

Stick it on the web somewhere and link to it here. Don’t you have FTP access to NZLARPS site for Ravenholme? Stick it in there.

Done :smiley: exlibrisauro.gif