NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary October 2017
The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.
Since July the National Committee has:
- Held an SGM to amend the constitution to raise NZLARPS’ financial transaction limit. The amendment was approved unanimously.
- Discussed the possibility of a family membership rate, and sought feedback from members and larpers on the issue via Facebook. Some GMs had already been assuming that NZLARPS membership covered dependent children, and we encourage all GMs offering discounts to adopt this approach.
- Continued to discuss GST registration. The cancellation / delay of several events has put our revenue projection safely below the registration threshold, and highlighted the uncertainty of that projection. The committee will need to look at this again next year, when the calendar and budgets have firmed up a bit.
- Approved the usual redistribution of funds to regions.
- Continued to discuss online voting methods. We’re looking at online survey platforms to make the vote counting easier, but haven’t yet found one which meets all our needs.
- Continued to discuss the NZLARPS Facebook group and its links with NZLARPS.
- Finalised wording of the South Island region’s proposed constitutional amendment to ensure regional representation
- Planned the 2017 AGM.
- 2017-8 (27 August 2017): That we distribute funds to regions (at a rate of $10 per member on 1 October 2017). 4 in favour (Phillip, Naomi, Malcolm, Brad), 1 abstention (James).