NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary July 2019
The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.
Since April the National Committee has:
- Begun planning the 2019 AGM
- discussed purging old data from the membership database. The Privacy Act requires us not to hold information for any longer than we have a lawful purpose for using that information. Some information on past members must be retained to comply with the Incorporated Societies Act, but roughly a quarter of the database is people who never joined NZLARPS at all, while a similar proportion is former members who expired more than three years ago, for which we don’t really have a justification for keeping data beyond their name, email, and membership dates. The committee supported a cull, and this is pending implementation.
- Received an update on membership numbers in the Greater Waikato region. The regional director called an SGM in an effort to regularise the situation, but no-one attended, or even stood for committee.
- Discussed a request for affiliation from a portrait artist.
- Received a report from the secretary on membership numbers.