NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary July 2018
The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.
Since April the National Committee has:
- Discussed an application for membership under the Membership Application Policy and s5 of the constitution. After email discussion, the committee voted to refuse membership, with 3 in favour, 1 abstention, and 1 recusal. The applicant is entitled to their privacy, and we will not be identifying them.
- Tested SurveyHero as a possible online voting system. It seems to meet our needs, and Mel is conducting a test with volunteers to see if there are any unanticipated problems.
- Discussed how to handle multi-regional projects. Mel discussed this with the Auckland regional director, and agreed that it would be done by each event being funded by the region it was located in.
- Received a warning about a well-crafted “spear phishing” email sent to the South Island treasurer account. Matt has warned other regional treasurers to be on the lookout for them.
- Looked at lilregie.com as an alternative to EventBrite for smaller events. It is NZ based and subject to NZ law, but would require internalising credit card fees rather than being able to charge them directly to attendees.
- Begun planning for the 2018 AGM.
- Received a report from the secretary on membership numbers. The secretary highlighted low membership in the Greater Waikato region. The region now has only 6 members now and if there are further expiries, may not be able to staff a full committee at the next AGM.