NZLARPs AGM 2021 - National Committee Nominations **CLOSED**

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED

NZLARPS will be holding its 2021 AGM on Saturday 23rd October Friday 29th October at 6:30 PM. Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the upcoming year. We are therefore calling for nominations for committee.

The closing date for nominations is 6:30 PM on Saturday 16th October Friday 22nd October (7 days before the AGM). The gap is to allow time for online or email voting. It is recommended that interested candidates ensure they are nominated and seconded well before the deadline.

Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members, but they do not themselves need to be members at the time of nomination. If you are unsure of your membership status, you can check it on http://nzlarps.org/ or by emailing secretary@nzlarps.org. I will be contacting non-member nominators / nominees with information on how to join.

Nominations can be made by posting to the thread below, or by email to secretary@nzlarps.org. Any emailed nominations will be posted here.

There are five positions available.

• President - The President of the society shall be responsible for overall running of society, promoting the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee, cast deciding vote in case of ties, attend meetings as society representative, liaising with all regional directors to coordinate the workings of the Society across New Zealand, managing matters related to the core function of the society, the first point of contact for those wishing to contact the society.
  • Secretary - Maintain the national membership database. Keep all club correspondence in an organised fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.
  • Treasurer - Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.
  • Marketing Officer - Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining NZLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns.
  • Information Technology Officer - Coordinate the creation and maintenance of information technology resources for the society such as the society’s website, online forum, communications technology for meetings, and the enablement of projects via information technology.

Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.

Nominations:
President: Robert Shaw [Nominated, Seconded, Accepted]
Treasurer: Brooklynne Michelle [Nominated, Seconded, Accepted]
Secretary: Lilly Haughey [Nominated, Seconded, Accepted]
IT: Naomi Guyer [Nominated, Seconded, Accepted]
Marketing: Courtney Parnell [Nominated, Seconded, Accepted]

Since no-one else has done it yet, I’ll kick this off by re-nominating every current committee member who hasn’t explicitly said “Nope”:

I nominate Robert Shaw for President
I nominate Brooklynne Michelle for Treasurer
I nominate Courtney Parnell for Marketing Officer
I nominate Naomi Guyer for IT Officer

1 Like

I second all and accept my nomination

3 Likes

I nominate Lilly Haughey for secretary

2 Likes

I second Lilly Haughey for secretary

1 Like

I accept my nomination

2 Likes

I accept this nomination.

1 Like

I accept my Nomination ^^

2 Likes

If no one else is being nominated for my position, I guess I accept. There’s still an hour or so to go though, if anyone knows anyone!

2 Likes