Magic the gathering - GM team

Hello all,

After settling for a little while, and letting my new larper enthusiasm blow over (don’t worry, i still well and truly have larp enthusiasm, its just not as naive!), i have decided that i want to run this game in about a years time.

Which means i also would like a GM team :slight_smile:

What I need is people to help write the combat mechanics, storyline, social mechanics, character mechanics, detailing ideas and sourcing (maps, small races etc), NPC ideas and general over lording.

This means i need a crew who know a fair whack about the magic the gathering game, so that they know what decision to make if put on the spot in regards to mechanics, as the game of Magic is so insanely vast in its rules.

If anyone is interested, let me know, i need to get the ball rolling and would really like to run this game as a fantasy campaign.

Post here or PM me, cheers!

[quote=“Helikaon”]Hello all,

After settling for a little while, and letting my new larper enthusiasm blow over (don’t worry, i still well and truly have larp enthusiasm, its just not as naive!), i have decided that i want to run this game in about a years time.

Which means i also would like a GM team :slight_smile:

What I need is people to help write the combat mechanics, storyline, social mechanics, character mechanics, detailing ideas and sourcing (maps, small races etc), NPC ideas and general over lording.

This means i need a crew who know a fair whack about the magic the gathering game, so that they know what decision to make if put on the spot in regards to mechanics, as the game of Magic is so insanely vast in its rules.

If anyone is interested, let me know, i need to get the ball rolling and would really like to run this game as a fantasy campaign.

Post here or PM me, cheers![/quote]

I would like to reccomend you talk to Garry and Wong about this - both are long term crew and Wong has acted as GM for starwars. Both are knowledgeable about MTG and Larping and could at the very least provide some good heads to bump idea’s off and get some very good neutral feed back.

If you are happy to take potentially strong (productive) critisism that can be very contrived aimed to finding loops in rules and abusing them BEFORE the rules go live- then please feel free to ask me to take a look at them. However - I would not reccomend it unless you have a strong constitution.

yeahh… been playing mtg since mirage… (1996/7 ish?)

if you need, i can help with plotting and story… not very good with rules though… are you thinking of a game in the world with the different types of creacures and stuff? or a plainswalker style game?

W

I was thinking of a mixture of the two, you are one of the creatures and your spark has just ignited. Lots of greebly potential!

And Adam, that will be awesome, I will most likely not be the only one to create the rules so i wouldn’t be too personally offended.