Kapcon XXI: Achaean

The Trojan prince Paris has spirited away the most beautiful woman in the world, Helen of Sparta from her husband Menelaus. With the support of his brother Agamemnon he has summoned all of the kings and heroes of Greece to gather at Aulis. From there the greatest fleet the world has ever seen will set forth for Troy to avenge this insult and return Helen to her husband’s side.

High atop Mount Olympus, the Gods watch intently. Even though Zeus has forbidden any direct interference, they conspire to advance the cause of their favoured scions and worshippers in the coming war. In the shadows, dark forces take advantage of their distraction to set their own plots in motion.

Achaean will be the Saturday evening LARP at Kapcon XXI for approximately 80 players. We’re trying something a little different this year and the game will be split into two separate but connected games; the mortals gathering for war in Aulis and the Gods watching from atop Mount Olympus. Please register your interest at achaean.kapcon@gmail.com to be kept abreast of all announcements. Any ideas or suggestions you may have are also most welcome.

This sounds so fantastic I can’t even put it into words. </classics geek>

Guess I should be making some xiphi then.

This. x 1 million. I have waited for this game since forever ago.

This. x 1 million. I have waited for this game since forever ago.[/quote]

No pressure then :open_mouth:

Just avoid the mistakes that that godawful Troy movie made (Port of Sparta? Port of Sparta?) and you should be fine. It’s a fantastic source material.

This. x 1 million. I have waited for this game since forever ago.[/quote]

No pressure then :open_mouth:[/quote]

Oh come now. Every year I advocate for this game. Every year. You can not be surprised! :smiling_imp:

Again, I concur. Landlocked city-states can not have ports damn it!

Very cool. Email sent!

So down with this it aint even funny

Looks like I’ll be making a trip to Wellington next year…

Oh hell yes. My inner classics geek is going squee

I think I should be able to make Kapcon :wink:

I think this is going to be number 17 for me I think.

Tooo many lol.

Nah. Not enough

Crossing fingers that this will be my first one… plans still being formed at this stage…

Oh and as I’ve said to Anna: I may not be playing in the Achaean game; waaay too many of you know waaay too much about the subject matter and I’d be constantly afraid to stick my foot in it! (Like, for example, having my ship dock in Sparta… :slight_smile: )

We’re not being slaves to the material; there are enough different interpretations of the legends that we have room to move. There will certainly be enough twists, additions and deliberate subversions to keep people guessing even if they have a Classics degree.

If you’re thinking you’ll be attending then please fire us through an email at achaean.kapcon@gmail.com. We’ll be using a mailing list to keep people informed and it will also give us an indication of numbers and whether we need to add characters.

Sounds great! Really really keen to play, also happy to help out pre game with setup and set dressing etc.

So excited about this!!! Who is tog42 though??

[quote=“Hanz Hanz”]So excited about this!!! Who is tog42 though??[/quote]Nick Cole.

[quote=“Viperion”]Crossing fingers that this will be my first one… plans still being formed at this stage…

Oh and as I’ve said to Anna: I may not be playing in the Achaean game; waaay too many of you know waaay too much about the subject matter and I’d be constantly afraid to stick my foot in it! (Like, for example, having my ship dock in Sparta… :slight_smile: )[/quote]

As a mathematics geek I’m looking forward to this game and will make up stuff to make it work :slight_smile: