Introduce yourself!

So with… terrifyingly little time to go, it must be time for OOC introductions!
Who are you playing? (If you’re a confirmed “important NPC”, feel free to join in. And feel free to join in regardless of whether or not your character has been submitted already!) What factions are you associated with? What are you still looking for in your backstory? Still need a nemesis? Or someone to join in with a tumultuous romantic affair?

We know lots of you have already got this under control, but we also have heard from some people that they’re still missing that je ne sais quoi, and knowing where to find people helps!

So go! Plot! Scheme! Try in vain to avoid our dastardly attempts to traumatize you… em, ur, cough Have fun!

hi I’m Bex

I shall be playing Jane O. Flowers, of the Royal Mail. Communication is the most important aspect of a civilised society after all.

Howdy folks, I’m Gaunt, Jack Gaunt.

Some call me Red-Hand Jack. Some call me other things.

Y’all may have heard of me if you’ve ever bin out West.

I kill things. Sometimes people pay me fer it. Sometimes, 'specially when demons is involved, I do it fer free.

If’ I ain’t busy I’ll be in the saloon. Talk to me if you want something dead.

Or if you wanna play 5 card draw.

(They’re whispering his name through this disappearing land
But hidden in his coat is a red right hand
)

Nick C here and I’ll be playing Captain Leonard Blake, a member of Her Majesty’s Bodyguard and former enlisted soldier in the Army of Allied Nations. Blake has fought in the war against the forces of Hell his entire adult life and is now one of the Queens’s top troubleshooters.

Steph C here.

I shall be playing Esther North, a former nurse who’s now a full time researcher for the Church of Van Helsing.

The Church is more tolerant of idioyncracies than they were in her old job.

Not that there’s anything she wants to hide, mind.

I’ll be the one smashing things with the massive LARP-safe demonology tome.

I’ll be playing Mr Marlowe Jacque, Occult Detective and Demon Hunter.
He’s not a member of any of the major factions, but he is on friendly terms with the Union. His partner in detective work and demon-fighting, Mr Dante Frost, are reasonably well known among certain circles for their work in demon hunting both in the UK and on the Continent.

When I am not one of the ravenous hordes baying for your blood ( I am quite partial to gypsy blood ;-P), I will portray the determined and Inspiring leader of the East India Company, Lord Cyrus Kain.

As Head of the East India company, Cyrus trades on behalf of her Majesty the Queen abroad, keeping parts of the world connected. In addition to logistic services the East India company maintains a strong Military force and has become the favourite of English Gentlemen everywhere. After all without their ships how would the tea from India make it to your cups? Or the flour for your scone?

No British citizen could fight without tea and scones fortifying ones body!

Keep yer tea, the Isle o’ Skye is the home o’ Talisker. :wink:

They call me Lily Barrett. And Lily Green, Lily Jones, Lily Smith, Lily Russell, Lily O’Brian, Irish Lily, Lily the Gypsy, Lily o’ Hearts, depends who you’re askin’. I can read yer cards, sing you a song, dance some, tell you a sad story or a hundred happy ones, do almost anything if the price is right and the fancy takes me. I’ve been all o’er, but it’s been a few years since I’ve been seen round 'ere. Wish the circumstances were better, but as my Da always said wishes can not keep the wheels from turnin’. Though if you have a copper or 3 I might be able to tell you what can.

I will be playing Alice Penrose, leader of a small but effective task force of warriors and demonologists for the Queen, associated with the Church of Van Helsing.

Somehow I read that as “warriors and dermatologists for the Queen” …

Somehow I read that as “warriors and dermatologists for the Queen” …[/quote]

LOL. I am imagining this team in action now! “Sister Rose, secure the perimeter! Brother Mordecai, deploy the moisturizer!”

Holy water does wonders for the complexion, not to mention repelling all sorts of unholy beasts. Warrior dermatologists, attack!

Hello Alkene. Is it possible to get a real life name to put character to face?

Heya, my real name is Elle Keen - I’ve LARPed a couple of times around Wellington with the VUW games club.

I am Ivy.

Some will know me by other names. From another life. A gypsy life.

Others will know me as a thief, a con and a procure of information.

To others I may even be a hero.

Many names and many faces. But only one woman.

Good Morning. Lovely day, isn’t it? So nice to be out in the fresh air.

My name is Mrs. Fletcher, and I’m so glad to meet you all. I just wish it was under better circumstances.

I know we’re all going to be good friends.

Mistress Ada Blane, armourer and blacksmith at your service. You’ve probably seen my work on, well, an awful lot of people still breathing thanks to it. I don’t go in much for small talk, but if you’ve got weapons or arms as need fixing, well, I’m the best around. Yes, I said I’m the best. How do I know? Because my husband was the only one alive who could match me in metallurgy or weaponry… but thanks to the demons, he’s not anymore.

(I will also be appearing as Third Ravening and/or Creeping Greebly from the Left, and other Crew roles :smiley: )

I’ll be playing Dr Arameus Dumont. A world renowned scientist, he is responsible for the discovery of Aramanium (88th element on the periodic table) and the creation of Disorientation Grenades. A former member of the Society for the Betterment of Humanity, he parted way with that organisation (contact me privately if you think your character would know details). He did some work with the Union of the Gear (who he is nominally affiliated with), particularly Project Jabbawocky. Most recently he has been working as a scientist for the Army of Allied Nations, trying to create guns that work on Demons.

Cheers,

Jon

Wonderful stuff, that Aramanium. Not only does it have curative properties when consumed in dilute solution - you can also use it to lend a lovely glow to your watch-face!

Oh, Dr Dumont is French, BTW.

And Idiot, you might need to explain to me what you’re talking about. I’m not a real life scientist, or historical expert!