Immersion September 07

The next issue of Immersion Magazine is scheduled to be released in the third week of September.

Contributers
We always welcome articles pertaining to larp and the larp life, as well as art and illustrations relating to larp. Anyone is welcome to submit content. If you would like to write, but have no idea about what, get in touch, I always have articles that need writing!

Game Organisers
If you have a game scheduled to run after the 10th June, please contact us with the details, we’d like to print it in our calender.

Back Cover
Please see this thread to find out how you can be on the back cover of Immersion September!

In addition, if game organisers or affiliates would like to have larp related advertising materials sent out with Immersion - fliers, rulebooks, business cards - contact us to arrange this.

To contact Immersion, email us at immersion@nzlarps.org or PM me on the forums.

Writers
You know, if you’re the writerly inclined type, I have a number of game related articles that need writing for the next issue of Immersion. They usually involve conducting an interview via PM or email with the organisers/players and you get to find out fun things about the games. If you’d like to try your hand at one, PM me and I’ll let you know which games we’re covering in the Sept issue.

Larp related issues are also good to write about. You know, things like:
“Ready, Aim, Present Your Card: Difficulty of Symbolic Representation of Firearms in Larp”
“Faking It: Fantastic Larp Costumes on a Budget”
“Don’t Forget Your Warm Socks: The Important Advice We Forget to Give Newbies”
“Powergaming in Larp, and Why People Hate It.”
“Staying in Character: The tricks for and benefits of total immersion”

etc.

It’s been a slow few months for larp news, it seems. Immersion is looking kind of empty.

If you’d like to write something, that’d be all kinds of great :smiley:

When’s your deadline?

3rd of September. I hope to have this issue available for the AGM.

Cool. I have an article half written about being a first time Larper which I should be able to get done by then.

Groovy! Do you have a rough approximation for how long it will be? (in terms of word count)

THANK YOU

Immersion Spring 2007 is finished and sitting in nice, shiny piles on my bedroom floor. This couldn’t have happened with:

• All our contributors, especially those I accosted last minute with “QUICK! I NEED 100 WORDS ON LARP XYZ NOW!”
  • Tigger, who produced another set of lovely illustrations, custom made for us.
  • Craig, who worked late into the night on making the cover/back look really fantastic.
  • Nikki and Brian, who came over to help me print/fold/staple over 100 copies of Immersion yesterday afternoon, and put up with my moderately stressed and neurotic self (even when I told them off for not folding/stapling right :blush:). Thanks for dealing with me, guys.

So check out the result of all our hardwork by coming to the AGM and getting your copy of September Immersion before anyone else! :smiley:

This quarter’s Immersion is particularly awesome. Great cover front and back, heaps of rich content and a real sense of where we’ve come from and where we’re going. Nice one Anna and Craig. Steph’s article for new players and Anna’s on organisation costs are especially practical.

All the members of the Society will have their copy of Immersion (plus other exciting content/larpvertising) put into the post tomorrow, so keep an eye on your mailbox for it.

If you’ve changed your address, let me know real quick before I send your magazine to the wrong house.

If you’re not member and want an Immersion, PM me and I’ll make sure one finds its way to you (or join the society for a whole year of larp goodies and specials!)