Immersion - March 07 - Call for articles and art

The next issue of Immersion magazine is due out mid-March and the editors are welcoming contributions of articles relating to larp and the larp life.

We’re waiting for an agony aunt to step up :wink:

[quote=“Immersion December”]
we want written by larpers about the larping life. We’re looking for serious articles on larp culture and larp theory, from both a player and an organiser perspective. We’re looking for humorous articles on the trials and tribulations that come with being a larper, personal anecdotes, and we’re holding out that someone will volunteer to be our larp Agony Aunt (we’re serious, too!)[/quote]

In addition, if you are artistically inclined, we are looking for illustrations for the magazine too.

PM me to discuss your ideas :slight_smile:

[quote=“Anna K”]
We’re waiting for an agony aunt to step up :wink: [/quote]

Oh oh i am a sensitive and open minded individual who can relate to a persons inner turmoil and insecurities, can i do it.

I learned from the best… Homer J Simpson

I’d be willing to write up something from my BattleCry Larp, and probably get photo’s… but only if it doesn’t totally suck :slight_smile:

if the next nightmare circle game is before the date of the magazine hint hint I could write someone about a Newbie’s first Larp Experience.
If thats something you’d be interested in putting in of course?? (its okay if its not, i mean you guys were all new once, it’ll probably be old news lol)

[quote=“majandra”]if the next nightmare circle game is before the date of the magazine hint hint I could write someone about a Newbie’s first Larp Experience.
If thats something you’d be interested in putting in of course?? (its okay if its not, i mean you guys were all new once, it’ll probably be old news lol)[/quote]

Yes yes. I would…very much like to see how a newbie takes Nightmare Circle :smiling_imp:

Thanks for stepping up :slight_smile:

Attention Game Organisers

If you are having a game or larp-related event between March and July, please PM me so I can put your event in the Immersion Calendar.

oh BTW there probably should have been a clarification in the last magizine…

[quote] Page 15
The Vampire the Masquerade card system…[/quote]

I’m assuming the card system refered to here, is the suggested practice in the MET book of using cards to represent prop weapons when in a public place as not to cause alarm…a practice I have never seen used in any of the auckland MET games but in the slightly more paranoid america may be a good idea not to whip out a prop weapon…and not a card system for combat resultion as the live action vampire the masquerade system (MET) doesn’t use cards for combat resultion it uses Rock-Paper-Sissor…its the newly released (and from the people i’ve talked to about it less popular) Vampire: The Requeium Live Rules that uses the cards…

Minor point but a point.

[quote=“Anna K”]Attention Game Organisers

If you are having a game or larp-related event between March and July, please PM me so I can put your event in the Immersion Calendar.[/quote]

This invitation, by the way, extends to all larp events in New Zealand whether or not they are under the umbrella of nzLARPS.

It is well worth thinking this far in advance about game scheduling. There are lots of games clamouring for space - if you don’t believe me, check out the “What’s on in February!” thread in the CALENDAR forum - and soon it’ll be a case of first in, first served.

Plan ahead to make sure you get to run your game when you’d like to, and so you don’t step on the toes of other organisers.

Planning ahead also means you get publicity in Immersion. :smiley:

That was a contributed article, you’ll find the name of the author at the bottom of the article. Given that it is such a minor point, you’ll probably want to contact them about it. We do have serious space restrictions in the magazine, which means that we can’t always be as descriptive or as detailed as we might like to be. :slight_smile:

I’ll think of something (Hahah! Back again!)

ok second article incoming
:smiling_imp:

[quote=“Wulfen (David)”]ok second article incoming
:smiling_imp:[/quote]

Articles always welcomed.

[quote=“Anna K”]Attention Game Organisers

If you are having a game or larp-related event between March and July, please PM me so I can put your event in the Immersion Calendar.[/quote]

So…no one is running a game after March? This winter is going to suck.

I’m bound to. When’s the deadline again…?

Next committee meeting. So 7th March.

Next committee meeting. So 7th March.[/quote]

Yikes - with dates for all games?

The magazine is due out mid March…I can push it out by maybe a week.

Hi Anna

I’ll try to get some shots taken for your mag at the next Quest game on Feb 23rd, Friday, maybe an article or quote you can use also.
Also supposed to be a beginners game weekend of 3-4 of March to coincide with O-week for Waikato Uni.
Just as a point of interest, Quest games are going to run every 3 weeks were possible but there isn’t a set timetable.
Theres usually a 2 week run up before each game but thats the extent of notice Quest games have.
Hope this helps. PM me or Alista if you have any queries.

Jared

Hey Jared,

Thanks heaps for your enthousiasm! There’s a big article on Quest Waikato in the upcoming issue (I’m sending a copy to Alista) and I’m keen to get more in the future issues as well.

I also welcome articles - humourous or serious - on any aspect of larp. Anything from design philsophy to The Newbie’s Guide to Begging/Stealing/Borrowing An Awesome Costume.

I’ll publicise the fact the there are regular Quest games coming up and point them to the Hamilton forum…probably also print questwaikato@yahoo.com as a contact addy as well.

I’m looking forward to hearing more from Quest Waikato! (I’ll get down to a game one day too, I promise.)

Hi AnnA
Thanks for that! Quest is certainly being bolstered since contact with the Diatribes forum, no longer are sceptical about the Orkaland crowd, which is great for Quest and Larp in NZ in general!
Cheers

Jared

If you’ve promised me an article, this week is a great time to send it to me! :slight_smile: