Hydra 2015 Ridesharing Thread

Hey folks,

Would it be possible to grab a ride with someone out to and back from the venue on Friday and Sunday respectively? Not sure when I’m flying in yet (waiting another day or two to see if cheap flights come up)

[size=85]Also, a cheap flight back did come up today, so I’m flying back to Dunedin at 2pm on Monday; is there a convenient floorspace somewhere I can crash on Sunday night?[/size] Never mind, Bryn has very kindly offered me space to sleep :slight_smile: I do still need rides though as Bryn’s car is full There and Back Again :wink:

Thanks all :slight_smile:
Matt

I’m also looking for a ride out to the venue and back Fri/Sun, please. I’ll be flying in fairly early on Friday, so can probably make it on buses to whereever I need to meet up. Me and one large (i would imagine) suitcase on wheels. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I’m also looking for a lift out on Friday, and somethign back to town on the Sunday (pretty negotiable on the trip back to town).

I thought I posted int her ight thread earlier, posted for the wrong game.
Ugh.

ANYWAY

I’m arriving on a plane at 6PM on the Friday of Hydra, any chance I can get a lift to site with someone? I can give petrol koha.

Hello, I too am looking for a ride from the airport to the camp on Friday afternoon. I land at 3pm but for reasons I’m coming in on an international flight so will probably take a little bit longer to get out. (No idea how long it takes to clear customs in Wellington, can’t be as bad as Auckland, right?)

(I don’t need a ride back to the airport).

Can contribution towards petrol though conversational capabilities may be limited due to jetlag. :slight_smile:

I’m another Aucklander who would very much appreciate getting a ride with someone to/from the camp <3 I’m arriving Thursday and leaving Monday evening (haven’t sorted where I’m staying yet, naturally).

I need a lift too. I can offer petrol money, and/or car money if anyone wants/needs to hire one.

Hi guys,
I arrive from Auckland at 7am in the morning on Friday and would really appreciate a lift to/from the camp. It is possible for me to get where needed (with directions) and I will have one bag with me. I also need to be at the airport on Sunday at 9.30pm so a lift there would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’ll need a ride from Lower Hutt, I’ll most likely have one large suitcase, and a carry on sized but heavy makeup bag

Coming from Wadestown for the flagship on Saturday evening, need a ride home on Sunday afternoon, please!

I’ll be driving in from lower hutt for the flagship on saturday. so far I have two passengers but I should still have room for one more. I’ll be driving back after the flagship.

Hey guys

I’m flying in around Midday on Friday, and need to get to and from Hydra. I’m there for the full weekend.
Can bribe with Candy or Petrol money. I should be able to Bus to places in Wellington itself

Hi

I am after a ride ideally on Friday but if I can’t get one until Saturday I will simply drop out of Friday’s game.

I am happy to offer money for petrol and to bus or train out to the Hutt if required. Otherwise I can meet people anywhere in town. If I have to cancel for any reason I will let people know in advance.

Thanks

Nasia

There are three of us flying in to Wellington from Christchurch fairly early on Friday. If we could get a few others it would be fairly reasonable cost-wise to hire a shuttle or something to take us out to the site, and we could book one to get us back to Wellington on Sunday. Would anyone else be interested?

Yeah I think at this point that’s a good plan - I’m getting in (from Dunedin) at 10:50am Friday, was going to maybe catch a bus into town and then to venue, but can do whatever is most convenient. I’m not flying back until Monday but need a ride from the venue on Sunday to Bryn’s house on Sunday night :slight_smile:

I’m keen on the shuttle idea.

After doing a bit of research online it looks like a conservative estimate for getting six to eight people from Wellington to the Wainuioumata Scout Camp will cost about $20 each way per person, so $40 in total. If we can get that many people, I’m happy to organise booking the shuttles and getting a more accurate quote.

The big question would be where to do pick up and drop off. I think it would be most convenient for me and the other Chch people to use the YHA as a pick up/drop off point, as that’s where we’re staying Sunday night. I’ll look into whether multiple pickup/dropoff points are possible, for added convenience.

[quote=“Inveighed”]
The big question would be where to do pick up and drop off. I think it would be most convenient for me and the other Chch people to use the YHA as a pick up/drop off point, as that’s where we’re staying Sunday night. I’ll look into whether multiple pickup/dropoff points are possible, for added convenience.[/quote]

I can get there easily enough.

So! Best way to go about this would be to hire a private shuttle: $122 each way, maximum of 11 people. It comes with a free trailer, so we’ll be able to fit all our gear even if we get 11 people.

We can do pickup/dropoff at the YHA if we want.

So for 6 people it would be $40 altogether per person, for 11 people it would be $23 altogether per person.

I would need to phone in Thursday and book, so anyone who wants in make sure to contact me before 4pm Thursday (and let me know if you need transport in or out or both ways).

I’m definitely in :slight_smile: I’ll meet you guys at the YHA on Friday (or we can meet in town during the day) and Bryn will pick me up from the YHA on Sunday night - although if you could ask if they do other drop offs so Bryn doesn’t have to come back into town I’d appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

What times are you looking at going each way?

I ask because my flights are:
Arrive Wellington 6PM Friday
Depart Wellington 7:30PM Sunday

So I need to figure out if meeting ya’ll is feasible, or if I might need to skip the Friday night game and find a lift out on Saturday.