Games for Chimera 2012

So, in the spirit of exploiting people while they’re all enthusiastic / hair of the dog / whatever: what are people thinking of running at Chimera 2012?

I have two options: Delicious Friends, a larp set in Echo Bazaar’s Fallen London (written for NaLarpWriMo this year and premiering at Hydra 2012), or Nobilis: Torn From Glory, which I found on the internet (and was apparently run at Origins 2008). Both are about 20 players.

What about the rest of you?

Martin Clyde and I will be either
A) re-running "The Governor’s Dinner Party"
or
B) Running a “Sequel”.

I was contemplating a murder mystery game called “Cluedo” with Col. Mustard, Miss Scarlet, Rev. Green etc - but it’s only a six player game, so not so sure.

Zara had a good idea for a flagship in 2012 or 2013. You should get her to discuss as I liked the sound of her idea :slight_smile:

As for Cluedo - could you pad it out with maids and butlers and detectives and other staff who might be interrogated or might have seen something or hint at stuff? After all someone has to polish those candlesticks…

plane full of Convicts and Us Marines (ConAir) … you do the math

Following on from Dave’s post, either Governor’s Dinner Party or a semi-sequel set in the same universe. At the moment we’re leaning towards the second, as GDP would have been played several times before next year (hopefully).

I was thinking of writing a Steam Punk game for the next Chimera, but I don’t really have anything specific at this point. Am possibly thinking of actually finishing and doing the game I was going to do for the Steampunk exhibition at MOTAT, but again, I’m not entirely sure. Anyone with suggestions, ideas or possibly wants to co-write let me know.

Other then that I am just pondering what else I could write and/or run at Chimera next year. Possibly All the President’s Zombies again, or maybe a sequel.

At Chimera 2012 I intend to run a game set in the 1970s about a transatlantic rock band (e.g. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath) and their entourage. The setting is a band practice, with band members actually playing live instruments. It will have every conceivable aspect of the rock’n’roll business from greedy managers and feckless record execs to groupies, drug dealers, reporters looking for that big scoop.

Take sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll and turn it all the way up to 11 !

Multiple ideas I have… an alien invasion ala Fallen Skies seet in NZ, a fantasy reboot, a tense dark confrontation, so many, so I really have to chose… I will however make Asterix and the Council of Carnutes available for any GMs who want to re-run it.

Bad Dreams will be there, as always, we’ve already got a concept too, gonna keep it hidden though.

There are various spinoffs to Cluedo that feature more characters - Miss Peach, Monsieur Brun, Captain Brown etc

It’s 40 years after the incident at the Cluedo mansion. Colonel Mustard was put in jail for the murde, but was he rightly convicted? The six suspects never spoke of it again. Tonight is the funeral of Miss Scarlet, who was the last surviving one of the six suspects. Miss Scarlet’s will is to be read but she won’t be the only one to have say from beyond the grave. Forty years on, friends and family have gathered and are eager to break the silence…will the truth finally be known?

That sounds AWESOME :slight_smile: Have it down here or in Chch pls!

As noted on facebook, Chris has already come up with a game idea for me to write for next Chimera. I have a couple of ideas myself but would need someone to run them.

Some friends and I did a Cluedo game about 8 years ago :smiley:

Ryan Paddy pulled off a smashingly accurate Colonel Mustard, and everybody used foam candlesticks, lead pipes and cap guns to beat back the zombies.

Did I say zombies? Yeah, zombies.

Totally ripe material for mixing with other/surprise elements IMHO. Right tomato of a game. Just don’t tell anyone beforehand.

Thinking about a jam with @snakefang for something theatreform, but not for eight months.

I’ve been toying around with an idea for a post-zombie-apocalypse game (not combat-heavy). I’m hoping to get it written for Chimera some year soon :stuck_out_tongue: Does need a few more characters though; I only have concepts for ten so far…

I’m not going to get tricked into committing to run something so soon after a con (I’m looking at YOU Idiot) - but I’m toying with running either Project Sparrow or American Gothix (as a LARP) - the two games I wrote and ran at Kapcon.

What I’d LOVE to see run next year is Defense of Nuremberg or something similar. But maybe with a bit more info ahead of time so people know what it’s about. For those who didn’t know, it was designed to introduce players to live combat - and larping in general.

Players were asked (via an IC email) to notate their level of fighting experience, access to weapons, etc … That effectively sorted out who was “crew” and who was a player.

The players were gathered together and given 1 HP, but told they’d get more if they worked together to come up with a shared BG, and personal backgrounds, and a name - for a maximum of 4HP. Players were then left to brainstorm together and it was a fantastic creative process.

Once that was sorted out, weapons training began. This included safety and basic techniques. Half of the training was done IC, with us humble peasants bowing and scraping to those of higher station.

Then the RP began and the peasants were attacked by bandits. It was a great introduction to live combat, allowed people to try all sorts of weapons and ask plenty of questions.

TL;DR it’d be really great to always have a slot filled with something like this at Chimera 2012! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Mike Curtis”]At Chimera 2012 I intend to run a game set in the 1970s about a transatlantic rock band (e.g. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath) and their entourage. The setting is a band practice, with band members actually playing live instruments. It will have every conceivable aspect of the rock’n’roll business from greedy managers and feckless record execs to groupies, drug dealers, reporters looking for that big scoop.

Take sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll and turn it all the way up to 11 ![/quote]

I’d love to play in a game like this, especially if it involved actually singing and/or playing bass as a band member.

Or possibly, I should just find a band to play in again in real life. :wink:

I’ve been thinking a bit about running a game about Mr Chesney’s Pilgrim Parties - the tour groups in Diana Wynne Jones’ Dark Lord of Derkholm. I’d definitely need to have a griffin character, mind.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]I’d love to play in a game like this, especially if it involved actually singing and/or playing bass as a band member.

Or possibly, I should just find a band to play in again in real life. :wink:[/quote]
Me too, maybe I should join a band as well. About time I got back into my lead guitar…

My preference would be for the band to practice a couple of tracks before the Chimera weekend so they’d sound more authentic on the day. Trickier if we have geographically isolated band members, but not insurmountable. So, being in the band means learning a couple of (original) tracks before Chimera, and then having lots of fun around practicing them at the actual game. Kind of like getting ready for a gig…