Chimera 2012 - Favourite/Funniest Moments

Oh god, that. thinkhappythoughtsthinkhappythoughtsthinkhappythoughts…[/quote]

That whole game was amazing. But the ending where I had gotten separated from the other children, and was stumbling around the forest trying to find them, to rescue them from their monsters, as they were they only thing helping me to endure, as my monster tormented me, then only to find them entering the chapel because one way or another they’d resolved their issues, and were obviously having happy endings with applause from the wood sprites and cheering, as I looked on, feeling desolated, abandoned, betrayed and alone with my tormentor who had successfully pushed me to the point where I didn’t know what was even real anymore, but I just knew that there was no happy ending for me.

That was absolutely heartbreaking, and I really wasn’t having to force those tears.

So my favourite moment was after the game when we had to say a happy thought to someone. And it took me a while to come out of that place, but when I did and I realised I wasn’t Hook, and I wasn’t abandoned and alone, that I have wonderful friends… That slow realisation was so cathartic, I’m still feeling really good and positive.

Anyway, sorry about the really introspective post, it’s a little selfish to have one of your moments as your favourite, but I couldn’t have been there without everyone else in that game being amazing friends and antagonists, particularly Daphne, whom I know I destroyed emotionally as well, with my rejection of her.

In terms of faves from other people… Probably during Happily Ever After: I had been searching high and low for the Tin Man’s heart for over an hour, I’m sure, only to have Tin Man (Allen) and Alice (Nik) come up to me and Tin Man was smiling. Obviously, this was surprising, but it was explained when Tin Man told me that he felt good around Alice and he had learned to love again because he loved her. And I remember just looking at them then saying "Oh, it’s a metaphorical heart."
Allen: “Yeah!” (Smiling)
Me: …
Allen: …
But he was just so damn happy, that I couldn’t be cross with him, and in turn I was really happy for them both. :smiley:

Actually, come to think of it, something I did quite like during the flagship: We dwarves were trying to get our hands on the Lion’s courage, at that time to return it to him, but we didn’t know what form it took, but we had randomly been given a certificate of valour by someone (I think it was the Pied Piper, but I can’t remember anymore. At some point, the White Rabbit told us that the Lion’s courage took the form of a certificate. So we dwarves all get the exact same understanding dawn on us simultaneously, and immediately gather round to examine the certificate, which was kinda cool (although we decided it couldn’t be the Lion’s). Shortly thereafter one of the other Thieves Guild members acquired the Lion’s courage, so we rush back inside from our outdoor meeting to give it to the Lion, only to discover that he had just started a fight with someone. We decided he must have gotten some sort of courage from somewhere else somehow.

hahah the White Rabbit lied to you (Which stream were you: I was black and I was in possession of his courage for quite a while, an hour or more!) … he gave it to me in our stream, in a package that was labelled Oberon, as I was his daughter (although few people knew!), and he couldn’t exactly deliver it to him now, could he? One of my friends (Cassim) told me that it had something to do with his Kingship… but eventually the Doormouse came and told me the truth and gave it back to him. That certificate sounds like a lol though!

Speaking of Happily Ever After, the black version of the Lion was so much fun to RP with, he gave a grade A performance and his character was such an absolute sweetheart. (Though getting married to him by Rob as The Wizard was a little odd I have to admit, OOC relationships considered :wink:)

Speaking of relationships too, Ben in The Governor’s Dinner Party was also great to RP with, he played his part of the sheltered son of nobility so well and managed to keep a straight face when I was busy giving the ‘Daddy, please?’ version of puppy eyes to Ruben- who was not impressed by his daughter’s choice in men and made that very clear.

Ben and Ruben, you’re a blast to rp with!

Figured I would just jump in here and explain. One of the things I was trying to do in this game was give the characters and players multiple ways to achieve goals. And the Oz characters gave me a good opportunity to play with that considering how the original story went.

So the Flying Monkey could decide to be good or evil and what path he followed.
The Wizard had many ways to get his magic back.
The Lion could either get his medal back, OR he could do 3 great things, get into fights with people that scare him or are tougher, help with a great quest, or in fact propose to his love. (he didn’t know the second part to start with).
The Scarecrow could either recover his brain, OR speak to people he had helped in the past and recover his memories.
And the Tinman could either recover his heart, OR find true love (again he didn’t know this). Or in a surprising twist for me (and it happened in both games) get the heart from the Snow Maiden :slight_smile:. Love that the players came up with totally different ways of solving things.

On top of this Major Magic or Wishes may have helped.

If I had known IC that he had gotten the heart from Snow Maiden, and that it was my brother’s heart, I think it would have been kinda awesome. Like having my brother back, seeing as I thought he was a good dude already.

If I had known IC that he had gotten the heart from Snow Maiden, and that it was my brother’s heart, I think it would have been kinda awesome. Like having my brother back, seeing as I thought he was a good dude already.[/quote]

Our Ivan freaked out a bit. I bounced up to him and explained he had a new brother, of sorts, since I gave his brother’s heart to the Tin Man. Poor Ivan blinked and said “…I have no idea what to do with that…” and walked away. Unfortunately, the Tin Man in our run found his original heart and opted to keep that instead of the heart I gave him, so I finished the game sobbing on the Fairy Godmother’s shoulder that I was never going to find love, and would be cold and alone forever :frowning:

Our Fairy Godmother got stabbed through the throat in the last minute of the game.

No idea how it happened to the poor sweet dear interfering do-gooder busy body. butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth dearie smile

Firstly, Scott, thanks for answering my costuming/character queries before the game… you set my mind at ease! And for the Ali plot… it was a lot of fun - although he never actually told me what my mirror did - despite me asking him about it a billion times - then, when he proposed, he was like “You are, as the mirror has told you, the most beautiful girl in the kingdom” (me IC: oooooh, that’s what it does!) . Secondly, how the heck did the Lion’s medal end up in a packaged labelled ‘Oberon’ that the White Rabbit was carrying around? Is that where it started? And was he supposed to give it to me - or just figure out what to do with it himself? Coz I told him that I was Oberon’s daughter, and he trusted me, so decided I was the best person to give it to - He didn’t exactly trust Titania! (Especially after she stole the Hatter’s voice!) Cassim was convinced that they were trying to make me the new ruler of Summer by giving it to me, and thought it had something to do with Oberon’s Kingship. When the doormouse finally told me what it was I was like ‘Here, have it!’ but until then I thought it was crazy important and was hiding it in my purse… lol.

[quote=“Lokisson”]Our Fairy Godmother got stabbed through the throat in the last minute of the game.

No idea how it happened to the poor sweet dear interfering do-gooder busy body. butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth dearie smile[/quote]

In our run I enchanted Rumplestiltskin to kiss his true love hehehe
I also made Princess Scarlett speak gibberish and turned her into a baby among other things :slight_smile:

Ali didn’t know what the mirror did, he had stolen it :stuck_out_tongue:
The mirror could be used for divining things, the longer you had it, the more it attuned to you.
The White Rabbit had a bunch of packages, someone bumped into him and the labels all got mixed up, the medal was being sent to some one else. But yes that was deliberate it was in that package.
We wondered if it would get to you as Oberon’s daughter.
And yes you were a strong contender for the Summer throne if you had wanted it.

Oh god, that. thinkhappythoughtsthinkhappythoughtsthinkhappythoughts…[/quote]

That whole game was amazing. But the ending where I had gotten separated from the other children, and was stumbling around the forest trying to find them, to rescue them from their monsters, as they were they only thing helping me to endure, as my monster tormented me, then only to find them entering the chapel because one way or another they’d resolved their issues, and were obviously having happy endings with applause from the wood sprites and cheering, as I looked on, feeling desolated, abandoned, betrayed and alone with my tormentor who had successfully pushed me to the point where I didn’t know what was even real anymore, but I just knew that there was no happy ending for me.

That was absolutely heartbreaking, and I really wasn’t having to force those tears.

So my favourite moment was after the game when we had to say a happy thought to someone. And it took me a while to come out of that place, but when I did and I realised I wasn’t Hook, and I wasn’t abandoned and alone, that I have wonderful friends… That slow realisation was so cathartic, I’m still feeling really good and positive.

Anyway, sorry about the really introspective post, it’s a little selfish to have one of your moments as your favourite, but I couldn’t have been there without everyone else in that game being amazing friends and antagonists, particularly Daphne, whom I know I destroyed emotionally as well, with my rejection of her.

[/quote]

This was easily the standout moment for me. I was having so much fun as Peter Pan, playing my usual games with Hook until he started behaving oddly and not being fun any more (curling up on the ground and rocking back and forth? How annoying!). It wasn’t til the second half of the game that I had any inkling IC that maybe I’d gone too far, and even then I was so sure we’d get our happy ending, so sure that he’d come round (I mean, who doesn’t love Peter Pan???). By the end of it I was begging him to come and be happy - we were right next to the chapel, everyone else had gone in and we were just two steps away. Two steps and we could live happily ever after - if only he could take those steps. We were both in tears at this point. He wouldn’t even look at me, he just walked away. He left me alone, crumpled to the ground, in the woods.
I was still crying when he came back OOC with the GM.

Thinking about it after I’m amazed at how eerily real it felt at times, especially the complete disconnect between Pan and Hook - the inability of either of them to empathise with or understand the other.
Anyway, I’m getting philosophical about it when all I really wanted to say was that it was an incredible experience, one I wouldn’t have missed for the world.
If I have one larp rule, it’s “Always play a Pegg sisters’ game!” I’ve never played one that has been anything less than fantastic.

Was it just me or did anyone else going up or down the road of pain at night feel distinctly underdressed without weapons of some sort? :wink:

[quote=“MissC”][quote=“Lokisson”]Our Fairy Godmother got stabbed through the throat in the last minute of the game.

No idea how it happened to the poor sweet dear interfering do-gooder busy body. butter wouldn’t melt in my mouth dearie smile[/quote]

In our run I enchanted Rumplestiltskin to kiss his true love hehehe
I also made Princess Scarlett speak gibberish and turned her into a baby among other things :slight_smile:[/quote]

I think our Rumplestiltkin was a wee bit more annoyed about being enchanted to kiss Patience than your one!

YES! I missed my armour, weapons, and cutthroats.

[quote=“Shades”]Was it just me or did anyone else going up or down the road of pain at night feel distinctly underdressed without weapons of some sort? :wink:[/quote]Nope, but then I always play crew :stuck_out_tongue: Besides, I think the only time I went up top was for the flagship, and if you messed with Grumpy Dwarf he’d eat your face :smiling_imp:

hahah the White Rabbit lied to you (Which stream were you: I was black and I was in possession of his courage for quite a while, an hour or more!) … he gave it to me in our stream, in a package that was labelled Oberon, as I was his daughter (although few people knew!), and he couldn’t exactly deliver it to him now, could he? One of my friends (Cassim) told me that it had something to do with his Kingship… but eventually the Doormouse came and told me the truth and gave it back to him. That certificate sounds like a lol though![/quote]I was in white. To be honest, pretty much everything I knew of what was going on in the game was being told to me by the mouse and Red Riding Hood (and I was always getting a slightly garbled version, since everyone was very busy and didn’t have time to tell me their whole life story, and they were probably getting lied to a lot), so I actually have no idea about what the real situation was for most of the game. I just thought it was neat that we dwarves all had a ‘hang on a sec’ moment together :stuck_out_tongue: We pretty much went in circles the whole game, stealing stuff and giving it to one person, only to decide that they’re actually the bad guy and so needing to steal it off them to give to someone else.

the best bit for me was when i got to look at myself all the time. that was nice.

You’d think so. But I played enough games in leather or chain that it felt the same. And then there was 4 of my 6 games involving running around the forest. Not quite the 25+ hours I spent in chain as Shard at the last Teonn however…

[quote=“Scott”]Ali didn’t know what the mirror did, he had stolen it :stuck_out_tongue:
The mirror could be used for divining things, the longer you had it, the more it attuned to you.
The White Rabbit had a bunch of packages, someone bumped into him and the labels all got mixed up, the medal was being sent to some one else. But yes that was deliberate it was in that package.
We wondered if it would get to you as Oberon’s daughter.
And yes you were a strong contender for the Summer throne if you had wanted it.[/quote]

Oh… Ali thought that it would tell me how beautiful I was! I wish I’d actually managed to find that out… could I have divined a new Lamp? Since ours got used… by Red, I think it was, to cure the White Rabbit’s … diseases! LOL

Wow… I could have been the queen of Summer! But I’m not true fae? How intriguing… thanks for answering my questions, the game was so epic that it was confusing!!! Plus, I was too busy falling in love and getting made to fall in love. LOL …

Did you want to be true fae? That could have been arranged dearie …