Apollo 13: Mission Control

Hi all,

There’s a production being held at Downstage in November for Apollo 13: Mission Control. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, it’s an interactive theatre thing, where the audience take on the roles of the mission control team during the Apollo 13 incident. I’ve heard really good things about it, and would be keen for a group outing.

Are any of you interested in coming with me? I’m keen for 2 November, because there’s a Meet the Performers thing afterwards, but I’ve set up a Doodle poll to check for good nights.

Cheers,

Stephanie

Date Poll: doodle.com/participation.html?po … 4svtb7pdy2

downstage.co.nz/index.php?page=shows&id=105
30 Oct – 18 Dec

Tue-Wed 6.30pm or Thur-Sat 8pm
Meet the artists session after the performance on 2 Nov
Note showtimes differ on:
Friday 5 Nov 6.30pm (Guy Fawkes)
Saturday 27 Nov 2.00pm & 6.30pm

Mission Control (Interactive): $50
Press Gallery (Non-interactive): $35
Concession: $43-35
Members: $42-35
Students: $25
Family in Mission Control: $130
(2 adults, 2 children)

Their website gives a different date for the performances:

apollo13.co.nz/
patronbase.com/_DS/Producti … rformances

I’m keen to do the console show (and I can even dress for it, but I’m not getting a NASA haircut), but obviously can only do saturdays.

Thanks. Is that you and Donna?

I went to this when they did a run in Auckland and got to be the other astronaut. Sooo much fun, would reccommend the show (and volunteering for the third astronaut).

Beccah’s dad has booked us in to do this in Nelson on Friday, so I’m glad to hear it is as good as it sounds :slight_smile:

OK now, the booking has been made for Downstage Theatre, on Saturday 6 November, at 4pm. If anyone else would like to come, I don’t think they have assigned seating if you’d like to tag along with the group.

Now to find myself a white short-sleeved shirt, pocket protector and slide rule.

We went last night. It was fun, and very well done. I spoke with some of the “press gallery” audience, and they said it was engaging just watching the action, which is an indicator of how well thought through it is.

If you can, get right up the front so you are close to the action and the actors are more likely to ad lib with you.

A cheesy American accent is useful too :wink:

Nothin wrong with American accents now! :wink:

That rocked. No, its not a larp. But its fun, and the interactivity really gets you to identify with the subject of the play. Highly recommended.