NZLARPS National Committee quarterly summary May 2014

The NZLARPS National Committee doesn’t formally meet, and instead conducts business through its Diatribe forum. As a result, we don’t publish formal minutes. Instead, we have decided to provide a quarterly summary of business.

Matters discussed

Since February the National Committee has:
[ul]
[li] Held an SGM, approved changes to the rules around branch formation, and approved the formation of a Hamilton branch (Motions below; discussions still ongoing)[/li]
[li] Continued discussions around an incident register [/li]
[li] Discussed the possibility of establishing an online scenario library[/li]
[li] Set up an online stats spreadsheet allowing us to track the frequency of larp in different regions.[/li]
[li] Discussed the NZLARPS websites and the need for a new content management system[/li]
[li] Further discussions around Adam P.[/li]
[li] Further discussions of newsletters and possible content[/li]
[li] Agreed-in-principle to change banks; James is actively looking at alternatives so we can switch over. [/li]
[li] Discussed publishing post-game satisfaction surveys for all project events. Consensus to encourage projects to use such tools rather than requiring them.[/li]
[li] Continued to update the Register of Incorporated Societies with committee adress details and rules changes[/li][/ul]

Motions passed

2014-3 (10 Mar 2014): That the National Committee call an SGM to put motions to fix regionalisation.
5 in favour, 0 against.
(Publicly announced here; minutes here)

2014-4 (26 Mar 2014): That NZLARPS change banks.
5 in favour, 0 against.

2014-5 (25 April 2014): That NZLARPS form a regional branch in Hamilton.
5 in favour, 0 against.
(Publicly announced here)

So there be a new bank account number that I need to create as a payee? And I will have to delete the old account off my payee list?

Not yet. James is still investigating our options and trying to find a bank which can give us what we want.

Not yet. James is still investigating our options and trying to find a bank which can give us what we want.[/quote]Like Idiot said, not yet. When we’re at the point of having a new bank account, I’ll definitely making a big announcement on Diatribe about it. We haven’t picked a new bank as of yet, the response from most of them has been underwhelming to say the least.