Chimera 2012: News and Announcements

Payment details are on the ‘register’ page of the Chimera website:

nzlarps.org/chimera/register.html

[quote=“Anna K”]Accommodation
For the first time ever, we’ve been oversubscribed for accommodation. Out of towners are guaranteed beds, and I will be contacting the Auckland registrations to discuss possibilities of local billeting (i.e. crashing on the couch of someone who lives closer to the venue than you do) or camping.[/quote]

I’m always happy to crash on the deck. Those rooms can get a bit crowded :slight_smile:

Tenting!

Accommodation Details
Accommodation details will be sent out on the weekend. This year, we’ll be allowing people arrange rooms with their friends in advance of the convention to make checking-in an easier process on the Friday, so if you’re staying on site, start thing about who you’d like to bunk with!

Registered during the week?
On the weekend, I will send out confirmation emails to anyone that registered during this week.

Office Hours
I work during the day so can only respond to PMs, emails and posts in the evenings. Chimera’s ‘office hours’ are roughly between 7pm-11pm in the evenings, real life dependent. I can read Diatribe during the day on my phone, which is why you might see me online, but its very hard to post. I will endevaour to deal with the day’s queries when I get home. I appreciate everyone’s understanding :slight_smile:

[quote=“Anna K”]Payments
Thank you to the 45 people who have already paid! Everyone else has four weeks within which to pay otherwise they will be removed from their games :slight_smile:[/quote]

When can I find out which of my players have paid?

I’d like to start sending out character material, but obviously I don’t want to do that if people may yet drop out.

Good point. I’ll post a Paid list backstage.

Accommodation Preferences: Please make sure you send this form back to us by midnight Wednesday 25th July so we can allocate arrangements.

Payment: A reminder that payment for the convention and catering is due by August 1st in order to keep your places in games.

Casting: You should have been cast in your games by now. If you haven’t, please let us know.

Communication with Chimera: Please direct ALL queries and questions to the email chimera@nzlarps.org. Please do NOT use my personal Facebook, my personal email, or Diatribe private messaging. I get a lot of queries and I need to keep it all in one place. Thank you :slight_smile:

Just a reminder that we need your payments for convention and catering by August 1, unless you’ve emailed us to make other arrangements. A big thank you to the many people who have already paid! :smiley:

Accommodation emails will be sent out on August 1st, so you will know where you are sleeping and who your room mates. Thank you to everyone who made use of the form!

Chimera 2012: State of the Con
Casting: Everyone who registered more than a week ago, should have been cast in their games.
Accommodation: Everyone who is staying on site should have received their accommodation confirmation email.
Convention Payment Confirmation: If you have paid for the convention, you should have received your confirmation email for this.
Catering Payment Confirmation: If you paid for catering, you should have received your confirmation email.

If we have not received payment for convention or catering (and we haven’t heard from you to make other arrangements) then we have sent a follow up email. The deadline for payments was August 1st, so if we don’t receive payment or an email to make arrangements by end of Friday, you will be removed from your games or the catering lists (as appropriate).

At this stage, there is no bunkbed accommodation left on site. Camping is still available.

If you have any confusion at all about your games, your accommodation, your payments, or any other details, please do not hesitate to email us! I can’t help you if I only hear through the grapevine that ‘someone’ is confused about ‘something’. :slight_smile:

And, for the coffee fiends, there is good news. We are arranging for a coffee cart to be on site on Saturday morning, Saturday lunch time and Sunday lunchtime to provide you with hot caffienated goodness.

I’ll pack my knee pads so I can spend long periods of time bowing at your feet!!!

I was just going to go with “essential safety equipment when running around in the forest”.

I was just going to go with “essential safety equipment when running around in the forest”.[/quote]

I’m only GM’ing Chimera, no need to run from greeblies this time around :stuck_out_tongue:

That animated GIF is 1MB in size. Think of the poor people reading Diatribe on their cell phone on the bus!

:mrgreen: easy now, fuzzy little man peach.

As both a person reading Diatribe on my cellphone on the bus, and the moderator of this forum, I deleted the enormous gif. It drained the last of my battery doing so :neutral_face:

Can’t find any other thread to put this in, so Quick Bright Things players, a full cast list has been posted in another thread below.

If anyone was wondering how big Chimera is this year, it’s looking a bit like this tonight. The grand total of everyone coming along, including catering team and various support crews, is 167 people.

On average, each round that isn’t the flagship is going to have 123 people.

We’ve grown just a little bit this year! :wink: