Chimera 2012: News and Announcements

Chimera 2012 is pleased to announce that its website nears completion and will very soon be online. We have locked in 30 games and are at this stage not looking for any more games. Chimera this year will be capable of hosting up to 160 people in the dark fairy-tale themed flagship, “Happily Ever After?”, and up to 130 people in its biggest rounds.

Notable Changes
This year, we’ve made a few changes to how we usually do things, so please take some time to note what’s different

Timetable
The only change to the timetable is on Friday night. The casual meet and greet will be from 6pm onwards, with the first briefing beginning at 7:30pm. Round One now begins at 8pm to try and wrap games by 11pm.

Registration and Game Selection
In previous years, registration and game selection were two different forms that opened at different times. This year, registration and game selection will be part of the same process. By popular demand, “Hungry Shark Night” has been extended to “Hungry Shark Week” which means that all registrations and game selections received in the first week will be processed at once to try and place everyone in as many of their preferred games as possible. Registrations (and game selections) will open at 7pm on Friday 1st June and cut off at 7pm Friday 8th June. After this first week, registrations will be placed as they come in.

Please note that due to expected numbers, we may not be able to (despite our best efforts) put you all in your preferred games. We will be introducing a “Third Choice” slot and hope we don’t have to use it.

Due to expected numbers, it’s highly advisable that you register in the first week so as to best ensure your likelihood of your preferred games. It also makes it easier on our back end to allocate most people in one go, so that GMs know who they have.

Casting
Because casting is done at a game organiser level, the general Chimera registration and game selection form will no longer include a section for your preferred characters. Your game organiser will discuss your preferences with you directly.

Ooh, time to start getting excited!

Will there be Chimera 2012 business cards available at Teonn for distributing to friends etc…?

Yes :slight_smile:

I am away for Hungry Shark Week!! Fingers crossed for decent data/cell reception.
:open_mouth:

do we get to see what games are available before hungry shark night/week?

Yes :slight_smile: The website, with game blurbs and timetable, will be online in advance of Hungry Shark Week.

Oh dear, we will be in Oamaru all that week. Hope they have progressed to having Internet there. Looking forward to this . I know we don’t get to decide on characters this time on selection , but can we just say what fairytale characters we really really don’t want to be, cause i would make a killer Evil Queen or Blue Fairy , but I don’t do Pinocchio. I find the whole character is very wooden.

There will be a place for comments like that on the flagship questionnaire form :slight_smile:

The Chimera website is expected to be online on Friday evening :slight_smile:

Hurrah!

Thanks guys for the hard work.

And the website is live:

nzlarps.org/chimera/

Some really great looking games this year.

Typo on the first page. “Friday” in the Welcome box is missing a y :slight_smile:

Edited to add: Sorry! Didn’t meant to sound negative - was just pointing out a small typo to fix and was in a rush

The site is beautiful! Well done to all involved.

Also on the “Deja Vu” sidebar on the Happily Ever After page: the third last word should be “their” not “there” :slight_smile:

So many great sounding games.

Really looking to finally being a part of this :slight_smile:

Thanks! This just gets better and better every year.

WOO! Very pretty!

[quote=“IdiotSavant”]And the website is live:

nzlarps.org/chimera/

Some really great looking games this year.[/quote]You jumped the gun on us! Bah! :wink: (I don’t think the timetable is entirely official yet, though.)

The timetable is final :slight_smile:

Since we’re pointing out every little mistake on the website (huzzah for pedancy!), I’ll point out that on the registration page, it says that registration will open June 1st. But on the FAQ page, it says that registration opens on May 31st. I don’t think with the first-week registration system it’ll be too big an issue, but it might cause some slight confusion :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, while I’m here and since I don’t know where else to put this, I’ll ask a question that I have, and someone else may have as well at some point: I really want to go to Chimera this year, but I can’t be 100% sure until closer to the weekend that I’ll be able to make it when the weekend finally comes. I’m thinking I want to register as soon as I can, to ensure a better chance of getting into the games I am interested in, and because that’ll motivate me to do my utmost to ensure I can make it (and to ensure that Chimera has the money it needs before the bills have to be paid). But, I also don’t want to be a pain and potentially pull out at the last minute so that games are suddenly missing a character. Should I register immediately, or wait till I am more sure about my attendance? Which would be preferable from the perspective of the Chimera organisers and GMs?