Chimera 2012: News and Announcements

[quote=“Jarak”]Since we’re pointing out every little mistake on the website (huzzah for pedancy!), I’ll point out that on the registration page, it says that registration will open June 1st. But on the FAQ page, it says that registration opens on May 31st. I don’t think with the first-week registration system it’ll be too big an issue, but it might cause some slight confusion :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]The registration page is still being tidied up. :wink:

[quote]But, I also don’t want to be a pain and potentially pull out at the last minute so that games are suddenly missing a character. Should I register immediately, or wait till I am more sure about my attendance? Which would be preferable from the perspective of the Chimera organisers and GMs?[/quote]If you’re not 100% sure about attendance, a Lucky Dip membership might be a better choice for you (where you get your characters two weeks before the con, have GMs love you because you’re probably filling in for someone’s who had to pull out, and pay less to boot.) If you do want to sign up to particular games, please let your GMs know early that you might not make it so that they can cast you as non-critical characters. (Most people have been getting a high percentage of first choices in the past, so I wouldn’t get too worried about getting a spot.)

If someone can put the /2012/ archive pages back so I can permalink games on larp resume that would be good.

When will registration open. It says on the site, Friday 1st June, at 7pm. I can’t wait to register, but it looks like I have to. :frowning:

Registrations are open now. :slight_smile:

What Zara said :slight_smile: I was about 10 minutes late with it due to some last minute bugs, but it seems to be working fine now.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! :mrgreen:

and done :slight_smile:

We’ve had 79 registrations over the last two days for Chimera, including twenty never-been-before first timers! That’s awesome!

[quote=“Anna K”]We’ve had 79 registrations over the last two days for Chimera, including twenty never-been-before first timers! That’s awesome![/quote]I think you can consider that the fruits of the hard work of you, your team and the GMs over the last four years (and probably a bit of the community selling Chimera to newer people), as well as the super-exciting sounding blurbs of the games this year. So, y’know, go team! :slight_smile:

We have an amazing number of new people registered but numbers are slow compared to last years - it seems old hands are not registering this year for some reason. Currently we have 87 registrations (compared to over 110 in the same time frame last year) of which 26 are first timers.

Old hands are being slack and leaving it for the last minute. Just because people so often leave things for the last minute.
New people are too excited to wait:)

The switch from first-come, first-served to do it all at the end of the week may have encouraged people to be more relaxed about registration.

Just emphasise the countdown to the date/time when the week is coming to an end, and there’ll be a final flurry.

You might want to also mention that people have to pay this week if they want to be assigned to their preferred games, if that’s the case? I can’t see it explicitly anywhere, and people may be inclined to wait for the end of the early payment period (before August 1st) before paying if they don’t realise there’s an incentive to pay now.

am i allowed to pay now even though i dont have my game confirmation?

i dont mind if i pay, and then end up getting like the worst games ever, cus being there is fun enough =D totally worth it.

Game Allocations Complete
Thank you everyone for your patience, we’ve now completed the complicated process of juggling everyone’s preferences. We had 132 people sign up, so it was a bit of a mission! The good news is that we had less than half a dozen people end up with a third choice game, and nobody ended up with more than one second choice game. Most participants have one second choice game, but all their other choices should be the first choice.

Bad Dreams and Alpha Alpha Asgard
Both of these games were wildly popular with you guys, and were massively oversubscribed therefore quite a few people who asked to play in these games may be disappointed. If you missed out and would like to play these games, contact the organisers and let them know you’re keen - they may be convinced to do an encore after the convention!

When I can I expect my confirmation email?
Individual game masters may start contacting you soon. Your official confirmation email from us will come either tonight or tomorrow

Game Confirmation Emails
Muppet, a veritable wizard, has given me a tutorial in mail merges. I’m still setting it all up and testing it but I’m very sure I can get all your confirmation emails out tomorrow evening. Many of you will have already heard from some games, but please make sure you read the entire email anyway, it will contain details on payment, catering, and other important things.

First, Second and Third Choices
If you did not provide me with a second or third choice when registering and instead selected ‘Not Attending’, this did not automatically guarantee you a space in your first choice game. In instances where someone did not make it into a game and they did not provide second or third choices for me to opt them into, they are marked as “Not Attending”. If you have changed your mind and wish to pick one of the still available games to play in that round, please email the Chimera email to arrange it.

Swaps
If you wish to leave a game or arrange a swap of any kind, we need you to do this through us. Please do not arrange to ‘swap’ people or games places or anything like that through Facebook.

Accommodation
For the first time ever, we’ve been oversubscribed for accommodation. Out of towners are guaranteed beds, and I will be contacting the Auckland registrations to discuss possibilities of local billeting (i.e. crashing on the couch of someone who lives closer to the venue than you do) or camping.

:smiley:

Confirmation Emails Sent
Using our super whizzy new mail merge, all the game confirmation emails have been sent out. Since it’s my first time doing this, it’s
possible something’s gone terribly wrong, so let me know urgently if you get an email from us that just plain doesn’t make sense!

Payments
Thank you to the 45 people who have already paid! Everyone else has four weeks within which to pay otherwise they will be removed from their games :slight_smile:

Catering and Accommodation Confirmations
Will be coming tomorrow!

Catering
Everyone who said ‘yes’ to catering should now have gotten an email confirming this.

[quote=“Anna K”]

Payments
Thank you to the 45 people who have already paid! Everyone else has four weeks within which to pay otherwise they will be removed from their games :slight_smile:[/quote]

how do i do this? there is no info on chimera site or op?