Yay! We all survived!

[quote=“amphigori”][quote=“joker”][quote=“Stephanie”]

EDIT: Known injuries: I think Norman may have fractured a bone in his foot [/quote]

Confirmed. And I have an impressive bruise as well on my foot. But yeah 4th meta tarsal is fractured. What fun![/quote]

OK then. One Vanya’s oneself in Auckland.

One Norm’s oneself in Wellington.

Got it!

(Hope you heal up soon, Norman! What a good excuse to get another beautiful cane, eh?)[/quote]

Ummmmmm I think you have the precedent Jackie. I believe he Jackied himself at Hydra :smiley:

My partner has a regular two-yearly appointment with those guys. But you get to choose your cast colour! (I’m sorry about your foot.)

Steph

[quote=“joker”][quote=“Stephanie”]

EDIT: Known injuries: I think Norman may have fractured a bone in his foot [/quote]

Confirmed. And I have an impressive bruise as well on my foot. But yeah 4th meta tarsal is fractured. What fun![/quote]

Clearly we need to get Health and Safety Guy to put more of those “Danger of Death” stickers everywhere!

[quote=“Ants”][

Ummmmmm I think you have the precedent Jackie. I believe he Jackied himself at Hydra :smiley:[/quote]

I was going to say “Hey, it wasn’t at a LARP” but it was, wasn’t it? Still, I don’t think it qualifies. Vanya and Norman broke bones. I think that’s the baseline for 'ing one’s self. (Or lots of stitches!)

[quote=“amphigori”][quote=“Ants”][

Ummmmmm I think you have the precedent Jackie. I believe he Jackied himself at Hydra :smiley:[/quote]

I was going to say “Hey, it wasn’t at a LARP” but it was, wasn’t it? Still, I don’t think it qualifies. Vanya and Norman broke bones. I think that’s the baseline for 'ing one’s self. (Or lots of stitches!)[/quote]

I thought the baseline was injuring oneself by doing something stupid…

Yeah seems more appropriate, I mean Norman hardly fit into the WWVD category.

Next year we need to get those bracelets made…

We even talked today about badges for Chimera.

THIS. it was an amazing experience actually getting to play and not being behind the camera. It feels like a huge achievement for me having actually played in all six games with my limited larping experience and you all made it so easy to be involved.

Much love to all the Wellingtonians who embraced us Aucklanders with open arms and offered to help us out, I always feel so welcome. For me the whole experience was not just the con and the larping but the social experience. I felt incredibly sad when I have to leave and the tiredness made me very emotional at the airport. :frowning:

I finally get this larping thing. :wink:

I’ll add my thanks to all of those for the organisers, you guys did an amazing job and the convention was a fantastic success.

Yup, thanks to everyone who made the weekend so great, players Gm’s organisers etc.

Looking forward to the next one!

Also also, my cat who disappeared Sunday night came back.

With an abcess.

Why do they always come back with suppurating wounds? Eh? Eh?! (It’s small, draining nicely, and isn’t bothering him. He’ll be fine.)

Er, sorry. I’d been a bit worried.

They need to be made! Possibly with a picture of Vanya on them. And then we should distribute them in secret and all show up wearing them…

wristbands.co.nz/Shop/Novelt … bands.aspx

[quote=“Adrexia”]

I thought the baseline was injuring oneself by doing something stupid…[/quote]

Indeed. I think the baseline should be a “Vanya” if you were doing something inherently stupid OR something that should have resulted in awesome, but it went badly wrong.

It COULD be a “Norm” or a “Jackie” if it was something completely innocuous that results in an injury involving dripping blood or bones or similar.

I think going for something that is awesome, but goes badly wrong.

[quote=“joker”][quote=“Adrexia”]

I thought the baseline was injuring oneself by doing something stupid…[/quote]

Indeed. I think the baseline should be a “Vanya” if you were doing something inherently stupid OR something that should have resulted in awesome, but it went badly wrong.

It COULD be a “Norm” or a “Jackie” if it was something completely innocuous that results in an injury involving dripping blood or bones or similar.[/quote]

Really happy to hand this particular torch to you, Norman. “I’ve norm’ed myself” has a great ring to it!

Agreed.

I once mildly Normed myself at Nightmare Circle when we’d called a Time Out to move a combat to safer ground. As we were moving to safer ground, I stepped badly off a stair and twisted my ankle. :unamused:

Oh, the irony!!! :smiley: