Musketeers tickets went on sale today, and their eventbrite page includes some very useful and stealable terms and conditions:
Musketeers is a hobby event run by a Game Master team that is volunteering their time. We strive to inclusive, however, we want to stress that no one has an automatic right to attend our events. The Musketeers GM team reserves the right to refuse your participation in this event for any reason including but not limited to:
- Behaviour at other events (including online) that contravenes the nzLARPS Code of Conduct, and/or causes other Musketeers participants unease, discomfort or alarm.
- Behaviour at other events (including online) that lead the GM team to believe that participant will not behave in line with Musketeers community and artistic values, including negative game play style, bullying or trolling, unsafe combat or role playing practices, or any other behaviour we deem detrimental to the project.
- Lack of communication with the GM team
- If the GM team and participant cannot reach a compromise on creative differences
- Annoying the GM team so much that we don’t want to spend any more time on you (we’re volunteers, after all)
- Bringing the game or larp community into disrepute
The fundamental framing of this - that no-one has a right to expect to attend, and that the GM’s get to choose who they will GM for, is exactly right. But even better is that its finally been said explicitly. GM’s do not have to tolerate unsafe, disruptive, or abusive participants. And they can and should show these players the door if required.