Wiki

The wiki structure is slowly coming into place. I still need to have lots of read information added, though - probably will need to do a lot of editing as people start to add stuff.

The permissions are also slightly askew as it should allow read-only for everyone, but allow logged-in people to edit the player wiki, and to edit the GM-wiki and NZLARPS-wiki if they are in the correct groups.

Also only logged-in people should be able to upload images, to the appropriate albums depending on their group membership.

I’d like to have a lot of venue information since the Venue Catalogue is probably the most useful thing from stage one.

Also anyone want to write some pages on ‘How to Run an Event’ and ‘Player Advice’?

I’m slowly adding content as I have time. It would be good to fill out more of the content before announcing the wiki, especially in the society area.

It always asks me to log in. Is this something that will be turned off later to allow read-only users to read it? I assume this is the permissions issue you refer to.

Mike - the wiki seems like a good place to keep the catalogue of gear we have available to loan out.

Relevant pages are:

Gear Library

and

Available Resources and Services

I’ve added a bit in there, too.

It would be good to have a few photos in there of some of the gear, as well. Not every item, though… but some things it may help. Possibly one picture of a set of gear - eg, ‘Caveman set’ (insert here the Og weapons and rocks, and fur outfits…)

It doesnt seem possible for people to create their own accounts on the wiki (like we do on the forum). Maybe I’m wrong. I was hoping people could register themselves, then have access to update the player wiki. We’d have to manually add them to the GM group to be able to edit the GM wiki, or the Committee group to be able to update the NZLARPS society pages.

I think we might have to restrict the ability to update images as well, so we dont get some player uploading 1000s of pix of themselves… but we also dont necessarily want players ot be able to see all the GM notes and maps for various venues.

You might have to let the player wiki be updateable anonymously. It’s a wiki, it can always be rolled back if people crap it up.

I’ve just logged in as Admin then created a user for myself. But it’s a wiki admin user anyhow, in order to be able to edit the Society pages. Do we need a Committee Member group?

It seems to be keeping me logged in as Ryan Paddy, which is nice. Having to log in again every time as “admin” was a hassle.

It’s weird that the usernames are case sensitive.

EDIT: tried changing my permission to Organiser. Now I can’t view the homepage, but can still edit everything including society pages.

We may want to store our list of current society members (with all details) on the wiki, on a page that can only be accessed and edited by committee members. That would be a good central place for it, a primitive database of sorts.

We may also want to store the additional Immersion addresses (places it’s sent to beyond membership) and the new email contact list in the same way.

The wiki also has a calendar, plus an ‘upcoming events’ sidebar menu, a messaging system, blogs, and its able to show you a map with the locations of all members on it (rather useless for us though).

We’ve already the calendar thats part of diatribe, though, so all these numerous other features are probably not going to be used.

There is an error message which appears when you try to change groups or permissions on the galleries. Also, there is an error in the javascript signing for the draw utiliity.