What is larp event/public game!

– [[ THIS IS A GAME OR EVENT IDEA ]] –

How would you like to have a[size=150] “What is Larp”[/size] Event some time soon to help grow numbers of crew for Crucible?

Running 2 or 3 short games (maybe ones that have been run at chimera or another such event - so tried and tested)
as well as having a stall or two of in character and out of character information people to help explain things.

It can be run somewhere public, such as Aotea square, or a similar location (preferably one where setup is cheap or free)

OR
Simply run a stand with a small walled off gazebo tent where mundanes can walk into a larp scene and be picked up as pcs or ignored as onlookers?

This is primarily to help promote LARP in NZ and also double to draw in more crew for the latest flagship campaign, the Crucible.

[size=150]IF YOU THINK THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA PLEASE PUT YOUR HAND UP TO ORGANIZE OR HELP ORGANIZE THIS![/size]

Thanks!

Historically there’s always been a lot of public interest whenever a bunch of us have gone to the Domain for a day game or whichever. We always seem to forget to bring business cards though. I think a bunch of us doing something like a kind of capture the flag scenario as Crucible characters should generate a fair amount of interest and if everyone brings a spare weapon and some tabbards we can stick on interested people who want to give it a try we can insert people into waves as they come.

It’d probably be easy and effective to just get a group, in costume, to do combat practice in Aotea Square. Really public, and no game to interrupt. Just some fun sword practice, with spare weapons and a big sign saying: Look fun? Grab a sword and have a try!

Obviously with people there manning the weapons and teaching safety etc…

Kind of a combo of Linda and Allen’s ideas.

I think Aotea Square is good cuz it’s busy but also a concentrated space with a more captive audience.

I could volunteer to sit with gear and talk to people for a few hours while I work on costumes, but don’t have time to be there all day or coordinate, sorry.

Would suggest next Sat from noon to five or something.

This is a good idea for drawing in new larpers. However, if the desire is to increase the crew size at Crucible, then another option would be to personally contact those who have expressed an interest in crewing and have not yet paid up.