What are you running at Hydra this year (2021)?

Now that Hydra is officially on for June 4 - 6, what are people going to run?

My first game will be The Gehenna Memo (my WWII laundry / Bletchley Park game, with codebreaking and a pile of classified documents) which I’ve been trying to get a Wellington run of for years. its been cancelled once by low numbers, then by a pandemic. Will this be third time lucky?

For a second game, I’m considering Moon, which is a Czech larp (from the Check Larps book even) set in Firefly’s 'verse. Alternatively I could re-run Property & Propriety for @Evie, but it might be better to do that standalone.

(Also, if anyone wants to GM, I have games, lots of games, just sitting in a pile…)

2 Likes

Stand alone, so I have the energy to do it justice. Regency-ing is weirdly draining?? :wink:

1 Like

I’m thinking of running Fate and Fatality. Elevator pitch: Wuthering Heights meets the Addams family

5 Likes

I’ll be running The Star of Bethlem, the LARP version of C.S. Lewis’s argument that Jesus Christ was either a liar, a madman or the Messiah.

3 Likes

I’ll be running The Star of Bethlem, the LARP version of C.S. Lewis’s argument that Jesus Christ was either a liar, a madman or the Messiah.
That’s quite an intriguing premise you’ve got there…

1 Like

I’m making a last-ditch attempt at getting my zombie survival game off the ground. I need one more GM to be able to run this. So if wrangling zombie crew for a few hours (at night) sounds like fun to you I’d really like to hear from you! Scott Kelly will help out on the player (survivor) side, I’ll be the go-between for everything.

I can provide a blurb, some notes on plot and some other behind-the-scenes documentation. But it’s basically going to be a freeform boffer larp with some fairly strict combat rules.

3 Likes

Im looking at re running The Spooky Woods with Hannibal and another larp that he and I had been writing then I have a 4 player game I want to finish and run if I can fit that in oh and maybe others seeing as I have plenty io time to write games at present

2 Likes

Ten weeks to go…

With Dave and Nik I’m going to be running a game based on Disco Elysium! :smiley:

3 Likes

(Checks wikipedia)

Wait, so this isn’t actually about disco? The setting for the game sounds kindof cool…

1 Like

Having spent some time reviewing games, I’ve decided to offer Seat Five as a Sunday game. Its about hyper-local (and probably personal) politics, as four candidates wait together to hear the results of the Walnut Hill special election. Its 90 minutes, so perfect for a Sunday slot.

1 Like

And if anyone wants to GM, but is wondering what to run, your regular reminder that I have a vast collection of prewritten games from various sources which I can supply. Here’s the list that I’ve bothered to write down:

(Note that this is incomplete. Notably, it doesn’t include much from the hardcopy books of larps I’ve acquired, and I have a bad habit of downloading things, looking at them, and forgetting to add them to the list. I turned up a few interesting ones just today by going through my hard drive…)

1 Like