Warhammer 40k LARP

I’d be keen as to play something along the lines of Tau (or a generically ripped off version thereof), but i feel as though the Tau long range capabilities cannot truly be captured by nerf or water guns! Id still be keen.

The alien races are a funny thing in the WH40K universe.

Essentially there is “The Imperium of Man” in one corner and then everything else. The existing WH40K RPG’s all focus on the human aspect. The latest book allows play as “chaos” forces but still all human based. Aliens are there for NPC’s.

Suffer not the alien, heretic or mutant.

So if you stay canon then you wouldn’t have a “party” with different races… at least not if you have any imperial forces. (there are of course examples of other races being temporary allies but it is never an easy thing)

Of course I have no idea what Jon has in mind. I am sure if you stayed away from well known or documented parts of the WH40K universe then you could do what you want.

The setting is immense. You could easily not even include the archetypical space marines, most “people” never even meet one for example sub-games like Necromunda for example are all hive city based. Or maybe better for LARP would be the “Inquisition” if you’re thinking a “party” based game.

[quote=“Viperion”]
2) Get in contact with the UK larp that is using those names already and ask them how they did it[/quote]

I have spoken with my friends in the UK who run the game. It’s very much option 1 - disclaimer stating no rights to the intellectual property and no affiliation with GW, and clearly not for profit.

Jon

[quote=“Jon Ball”]my friends in the UK who run the game. [/quote]Ah you’re on the inside already! In that case, do what they did, and get it going already!

:slight_smile:

TBH I’m not convinced on their rules system (I’d prefer to do something closer to Dark Heresy), and the key will have to be location. I’ve been doing some scouting already. This really could take a lot of time…

I’m sort of planning on having a fully indoor smaller scale “prequel” game at some point, set on a ship heading to the system. But more on that in the future.

Jon

Can I suggest a modified version of the st. wolfgang rules for a live action game? I think as a basis it might be suitable. Adding guns and to it should be quite possible and to keep it simple.
Just a thought if your focus is the Imperium of man. Make sure to ask Anna before you do is all.

I’m not familiar with the St Wolfgang rules, but will have a look.

Jon

I would LOVE to play. But who or what? Have you seen the Space Marine movie? It captures the 40K universe from a Space Marine perspective wonderfully. 8)