Victoria Junction, Question for Stephanie Pegg

[quote]This is a horde game which will have 6 cast characters who will remain as the same characters throughout the game
and then a horde group who will play roles for as little as 30 seconds up to an hour or so, as passengers, hotel guests, and assorted others, who give the railway and hotel staff a few problems to deal with![/quote]

not sure if i should PM this, or put here or ??, i think maybe other players of Victoria Junction might want to know “whats the deal?”.

am i right in thinking this game has 6 ‘players’ who get given character sheets and stay in character and costume the whole game…

and then the rest of the players are given, essentially, NPC roles in the “horde group” and must change characters (and presumably costumes) throughout the game?

or are there other people being shipped in to play the “horde group”?

if it is right in thinking that some players will be given the NPC type horde roles,
does this game run twice or something?
such as, the first round 6 people play the main roles, and others play horde. then in second round they swap?

or am i right in thinking, this game is only cast 6 players in total and the “horde group” are entirely other people shipped in from somewhere?

hope im explaining myself clearly…

By “horde game” I mean that there are six permanent characters, and the other players are playing a rotating series of NPCs who have problems for the permanent characters to deal with. No one is being “shipped in” - if you sign up to the game, you’ll be asked if you’d rather be a permanent or rotating character. Reports from overseas versions of this game is that both groups have a great time, just a different version of great. (The rotating NPCs come through in waves, often grouped together in pairs, triads or larger groups who all have their own stories; there are also some NPC parts that will recur throughout the game.)
It will be a single run.

Cheers,

Stephanie

and costumes for npcs?

People playing NPCs will be asked to wear dark unobtrusive clothing and there’ll be a grab bag of spare costumes to do quick changes with (like crew at a weekend game). We’ll be asking people to bring any vaguely Victorian kit with them that they don’t mind sharing.