Useful websites about gear

This thread is to list links to recommended instructions and suppliers of costume, props and makeup.

The DIY Guide to LARP: an old but useful site with patterns and instructions for costumes & props, and the classic guide to making latex weapons.

EDIT: the link above is now broken, but here is an archive of it.

Craft Tutorials, including the “under 5 pounds” No Excuses guide and really simple costume.

Awsome: tutorials.abbott.me.uk/home/wonderflex-armour

That girl plays a mean accordion, sings even better and is totally lovely :smiley:
Glad to see her good work has circulated all the way over there!

I found this site, havent looked through it thouroughly yet, and the stuff comes from Ireland, but hey, cant have enough sources for stuff right?
Also, from what I read, I believe some of the things are meant to be medieval inspired modern wear, but I bet there is some stuff in there that is suitable for LARPs.

Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tatoke?ref=si_shop

[quote=“Kamica”]I found this site, havent looked through it thouroughly yet, and the stuff comes from Ireland, but hey, cant have enough sources for stuff right?
Also, from what I read, I believe some of the things are meant to be medieval inspired modern wear, but I bet there is some stuff in there that is suitable for LARPs.

Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tatoke?ref=si_shop[/quote]

Hi everyone:)

Kamica thank you very much for posting my shop here. I do ship from Ireland to everywhere in the world, most of my customers are from US and there was never any issue with delivery.

My stuff indeed inspired by fantasy and medieval, for now there are only few designs but I am going to extend it soon. Custom orders welcome!

I am also happy to offer 10% discount to forum members, just mention on the checkout and I will refund you:)

Greetings,

tatoke

There are some old threads here on diatribe that are quite good (and a bit of a history lesson as well):

A couple of new tutorials from the Craft Tutorials website: Bliault (C12th t-tunic) and fancy surcoat.

This is an awesome guy in the UK who not only makes larp props, but also does it professionally for films and TV most notably Doctor Who… he does sell some of his creations but aparently their pretty pricy (with good reason coz his stuff is amazing) but I thought I would post the link here as good inspiration:

markcordory.com/Site/Welcome.html

Costume guide for Profound Decisions’ “Empire” larp:

profounddecisions.co.uk/empi … ume_advice

Includes culture-by-culture guide, with costume and accessory ideas, and some how-tos. while its designed for “Empire”, the ingformation in it can be pillaged for any other fantasy larp.

Unfortunately that is now a dead link :frowning:

Here is an archived version of The DIY Guide to LRP:

web.archive.org/web/201008220737 … tYourself/

Here’s a helpful one that also talks about mats and tools.
coscraft.co.uk/blog/?p=206

And Simone McIsaac makes stuff in the UK too! facebook.com/MootPointDesign?fref=ts She has worked on Thor 2, GoT, power rangers and Legend of the Seeker and is a past NZ larper living in the UK with her husband Dave McIsaac.

While I think of it, a really simple, easy to follow pattern that makes a really awesome semi-circle cloak.

eg.bucknell.edu/~lwittie/sca/garb/cloak.html

cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=121627

This website has a bunch of patterns for cosplay and costuming. Including some for Edwardian clothes and japanese styled garb.

Awsome: tutorials.abbott.me.uk/home/wonderflex-armour

[/quote]

Hey would anyone know where to get hold of this wonderflex stuff?

Looking in to that too, would love to make some armour like this for Crucible!