Urgent request for assistance - MOTAT

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem that I thought some of you might be able to help me out with. This weekend (6th - 7th April) MOTAT is running our annual Military weekend. One of the activities we will be running is called ‘The Armoury’ which is a hands on display looking at the development of weapons and armour over time… the idea being that visitors will be able to come in and handle some ‘real’ (reproduction) swords, armour, guns etc as they learn about how the weapons used to fight battles have changed.

My problem is, that I have ordered a relatively large quantity of stuff which is currently being shipped, but it may not get here in time for the event this weekend [size=50]grumble Easter holidays Grumble[/size] and I might be left with an activity without any ancient or medieval gear in it (I do already have some modern gear). So if anyone has any re-enactment quality weapons (blunt edged of course), chainmaille, armour, helmets… pretty much anything at all we could borrow it would be much appreciated.
The items will be secured by chains (using brackets that will not damage the items) and a staff member will be supervising the activity at all times. The activity is located inside two 20 foot shipping containers that will be securely locked any time the activity is not running. The containers are also alarmed, and of course the site has 24 hour on site security.

We would need the items from Friday 5th - Monday 8th, and while it is preferable that the items can be touched, I would even be happy to get some items that we could have on secure display (inside a cabinet etc.). I can probably sort you out with free admission to Military Weekend so please contact me via email at andrew.mccartney@motat.org.nz, or send me a pm here if you can help out.

Thanks Heaps
Andrew

Have you tried talking to the SCA or posting on the Gathering Darkness forum? I think that’s where the steel weapon reenactors are hanging, these days.

Steph

Hi Andrew, I can lend you an ex-Medieval Shop Sallet, but otherwise my range of displayable armour / weapons is sadly lacking.

Hi Guys

Thank you all for your help, We have now been loaned enough gear for the weekend.

Cheers