U.N.T.I.E.D: Congress of Time

When I was debating ideas for a game for Chimera, one of the ideas I discarded was a sort of political game that I thought would be interesting to do at some point. Let me know what you think:

[quote]U.N.I.T.E.D: Congress of Time.
Idea by: Joseph Outram

It is ten years in the future, and technology has come a long way. We made our own lives easier, and reduced our effect on the Earth. But that’s not why we’re here today. A year ago, Doctor Dabney Donovan, a scientist at the University of Chicago finally cracked the secret to time travel. The first successful test was two months later. This caused wide spread fear and panic through the political and social worlds. During an emergency session of the United Nations was called, and the United Nations Time Investigative and Exploratory Division (or UNITED) was established as a means of overseeing and managing time travel. At the order of the President of UNITED, a message was sent throughout time to those time travelers who called Earth home, to meet in the first ever Congress of Time to establish a Time Travelers Code to ensure the stability of time and space on Earth and possibly beyond.[/quote]

Sounds eerily like “Time Travel Review Board” (only serious).

Probably is, which is why I went with something else.

I see paradoxes coming. Does this involve actually roleplaying the timetravel as well? Or just the discussions UNITED has over Time Travel?

(Off topic: Am I the only one that’s noticed the thread title is UNTIED, not UNITED? Although when spelled out in the OP it is UNTIED, referred to as UNITED in other places… I’m sooo confused)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I reckon UNTIED seems more appropriate… and it’s the right acronym for the group.

While I’m here I think UNTIED would probably have an “Administrator” (like Helen Clark currently is for the UNDP), not a President.

Great Scott!

Sounds like an interesting idea. Would this be similar to the UN larp that was run 2 chimeras ago?